*Beyonce Knowles is scheduled to premiere her version of “God Bless the USA” tonight on CNN’s “Piers Morgan’s Tonight,” reports the Rolling Stone.
The singer is releasing the patriotic anthem as a single to raise the money for the New York Police and Fire Widows and Children’s Benefit Fund.
Morgan announced the news via his Twitter page today, saying, “Beyonce is releasing a new song, a cover of ‘God Bless the USA’, and it will get 1st TV airing on @PiersTonight Cnn 9pm ET”.
The 29-year-old singer first performed the Lee Greenwood song back in 2008 during Barack Obama’s successful presidential campaign. Her cover has already received high praise from Morgan, who tweeted, “I just listened to the Beyonce song – and it’s stunning.”
The tune will be available for purchase via iTunes on Friday (May 6).
The original song reached number-seven on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in the spring of 1984. It gained prominence after being played at the 1984 Republican National Convention with President Ronald Reagan and the First Lady Nancy Reagan in attendance.
Beyonce’s fourth studio album will be released on June 2011. The record’s lead single “Run The World (Girls)” was released on April 21 and debuted at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Watch a teaser from the music video below.
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here