*Beyonce Knowles is scheduled to premiere her version of “God Bless the USA” tonight on CNN’s “Piers Morgan’s Tonight,” reports the Rolling Stone.
The singer is releasing the patriotic anthem as a single to raise the money for the New York Police and Fire Widows and Children’s Benefit Fund.
Morgan announced the news via his Twitter page today, saying, “Beyonce is releasing a new song, a cover of ‘God Bless the USA’, and it will get 1st TV airing on @PiersTonight Cnn 9pm ET”.
The 29-year-old singer first performed the Lee Greenwood song back in 2008 during Barack Obama’s successful presidential campaign. Her cover has already received high praise from Morgan, who tweeted, “I just listened to the Beyonce song – and it’s stunning.”
The tune will be available for purchase via iTunes on Friday (May 6).
The original song reached number-seven on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in the spring of 1984. It gained prominence after being played at the 1984 Republican National Convention with President Ronald Reagan and the First Lady Nancy Reagan in attendance.
Beyonce’s fourth studio album will be released on June 2011. The record’s lead single “Run The World (Girls)” was released on April 21 and debuted at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Watch a teaser from the music video below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here