*Beyonce Knowles is scheduled to premiere her version of “God Bless the USA” tonight on CNN’s “Piers Morgan’s Tonight,” reports the Rolling Stone.
The singer is releasing the patriotic anthem as a single to raise the money for the New York Police and Fire Widows and Children’s Benefit Fund.
Morgan announced the news via his Twitter page today, saying, “Beyonce is releasing a new song, a cover of ‘God Bless the USA’, and it will get 1st TV airing on @PiersTonight Cnn 9pm ET”.
The 29-year-old singer first performed the Lee Greenwood song back in 2008 during Barack Obama’s successful presidential campaign. Her cover has already received high praise from Morgan, who tweeted, “I just listened to the Beyonce song – and it’s stunning.”
The tune will be available for purchase via iTunes on Friday (May 6).
The original song reached number-seven on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart in the spring of 1984. It gained prominence after being played at the 1984 Republican National Convention with President Ronald Reagan and the First Lady Nancy Reagan in attendance.
Beyonce’s fourth studio album will be released on June 2011. The record’s lead single “Run The World (Girls)” was released on April 21 and debuted at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Watch a teaser from the music video below.
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here