*Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival this week, actor Peter Fonda, star of the classic 1969 road movie “Easy Rider,” called President Barack Obama a “traitor” over claims he attempted to gag reporting of the disastrous BP oil spill in May 2010.
Fonda is in Cannes for the premiere of his new movie “The Big Fix,” which focuses on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon. Fonda accused Washington of attempting to gag reporting of the spillage, saying, “I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a f***ing traitor,’ using those words. You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military, in this case the Coast Guard, what they can and could not do; and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do.”
In “The Big Fix,” Fonda attempts to gain access to the Louisiana beaches in order assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP personnel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Michael Jackson Called Prince 'One Of The Rudest People I Have Ever Met'
- Anthony Anderson Joins Queen Latifah-Produced Travel Series ‘The Best Place to Be’
- Al Qaeda to Lone Wolves in U.S.: Only Target Whites to Avoid ‘Hate Crime’ Label
- Baltimore Rapper Lor Scoota Fatally Shot Leaving ‘Peace in the Streets’ Charity Hoops Game
- Steve Harvey Speechless when Kellie Pickler Almost Falls Trying to Buzz In on ‘Family Feud’ (Watch)
- Suge Knight Sues Chris Brown over Miami Club Shooting
- Maya Angelou Doc ‘And Still I Rise’ Wins AFI Docs Audience Award (Watch a Clip)
- Toni Braxton and Birdman Cozy at the 2016 BET Awards
- Lil Wayne Wanted for Questioning in Scuffle at BET Awards After-Party
- Usher No Likey The Donald: Wears ‘Don’t Trump America’ Jacket
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here