*Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival this week, actor Peter Fonda, star of the classic 1969 road movie “Easy Rider,” called President Barack Obama a “traitor” over claims he attempted to gag reporting of the disastrous BP oil spill in May 2010.
Fonda is in Cannes for the premiere of his new movie “The Big Fix,” which focuses on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon. Fonda accused Washington of attempting to gag reporting of the spillage, saying, “I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a f***ing traitor,’ using those words. You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military, in this case the Coast Guard, what they can and could not do; and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do.”
In “The Big Fix,” Fonda attempts to gain access to the Louisiana beaches in order assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP personnel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Dwayne Johnson’s Meal Plan Involves Eating 10 Pounds of Food Everyday
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here