*Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival this week, actor Peter Fonda, star of the classic 1969 road movie “Easy Rider,” called President Barack Obama a “traitor” over claims he attempted to gag reporting of the disastrous BP oil spill in May 2010.
Fonda is in Cannes for the premiere of his new movie “The Big Fix,” which focuses on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon. Fonda accused Washington of attempting to gag reporting of the spillage, saying, “I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a f***ing traitor,’ using those words. You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military, in this case the Coast Guard, what they can and could not do; and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do.”
In “The Big Fix,” Fonda attempts to gain access to the Louisiana beaches in order assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP personnel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Heartbroken Former Obama Supporter Gives Full Support to Trump [WATCH]
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): Morris Chestnut Talks About His Latest Role
- The Socialist’s Journal: Obama and the Ultra-Racialization of America
- Martin Luther King Jr. Tribute to Top Confederate Memorial on Stone Mountain
- Playboy: No More Full Nudity in Iconic Men's Magazine
- THE (10-13-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- John Legend and Chrissy Teigen Expecting their First Child
- Fearing Flight Risk, DA Wanted Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Autopsy Sealed
- Draya Michele Lands Role Opposite Marques Houston in ‘Will to Love’
- Newlyweds Michael Jai White and Gillian White Spotted in NYC (Snaps!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here