*Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival this week, actor Peter Fonda, star of the classic 1969 road movie “Easy Rider,” called President Barack Obama a “traitor” over claims he attempted to gag reporting of the disastrous BP oil spill in May 2010.
Fonda is in Cannes for the premiere of his new movie “The Big Fix,” which focuses on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon. Fonda accused Washington of attempting to gag reporting of the spillage, saying, “I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a f***ing traitor,’ using those words. You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military, in this case the Coast Guard, what they can and could not do; and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do.”
In “The Big Fix,” Fonda attempts to gain access to the Louisiana beaches in order assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP personnel.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ray and Janay Rice Announce they Are Expecting Baby Number 2
- Fox Gives First Look at Fierce Films for 2016
- Derrick Rose Rape Accuser Pleads Not to Have Identity Revealed
- A Poisonous Spider Down Under Bites a Man...Down Under!
- A Broke Pilar Sanders Pleads with Court to Continue Her Case
- VIDEO: Deya Gets Direct With Denise Boutte on the Fantastic Voyage '16
- Drake Says New Album 'Views' Sold 630,000 Copies in One Night!
- Lakers Announce Luke Walton as New Head Coach
- John Wayne's Ultra-Racist Views of African Americans Ran Deep
- Parking Lot Crowded, Can't Locate Your Car? Meet 'Zus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here