*Speaking at the Cannes Film Festival this week, actor Peter Fonda, star of the classic 1969 road movie “Easy Rider,” called President Barack Obama a “traitor” over claims he attempted to gag reporting of the disastrous BP oil spill in May 2010.
Fonda is in Cannes for the premiere of his new movie “The Big Fix,” which focuses on the explosion of the BP oil rig Deepwater Horizon. Fonda accused Washington of attempting to gag reporting of the spillage, saying, “I sent an email to President Obama saying, ‘You are a f***ing traitor,’ using those words. You’re a traitor, you allowed foreign boots on our soil telling our military, in this case the Coast Guard, what they can and could not do; and telling us, the citizens of the United States, what we could or could not do.”
In “The Big Fix,” Fonda attempts to gain access to the Louisiana beaches in order assess the impact of the biggest oil spill in US history, only to be turned away by BP personnel.
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here