*After a report surfaced Monday at mediatakeout.com and other sites that inferred Cheryl “Salt” James of the rap group Salt-N-Pepa was “forced to sell her (Long Island,) New York mansion” because she is “broke,” the legendary rap artist is setting the record straight.
Via a statement sent to EUR from her spokesperson, Linda Stewart, Salt wants it known that, bottom line, her money ain’t funny. She’s simply making a switch to be closer to her mother (who lives in South Carolina) by moving to Atlanta:
Contrary to recent online reports, Cheryl ‘Salt’ James states that neither financial difficulty, nor economic hardship is the reason for the decision to sell her Melville, NY estate.
Salt has owned her home since 2001 and is not danger of losing it. As stated in a recent Newsday article, Salt “plans to move to Atlanta, to enjoy warmer weather and be closer to her Mom, who resides in South Carolina.” Atlanta also offers her another outlet for “various music and entertainment-oriented opportunities.”
Both Salt and her partner Sandy ‘Pepa’ Denton of Salt-N-Pepa fame just recently wrapped a long running tour, where they presented and performed alongside other Legends of Hip-Hop, including Doug E. Fresh, Kurtis Blow, Naughty By Nature and Mc Lyte to name a few.
The Grammy winning group continues to perform in cities across the country through the summer.
By the way, Salt-N-Pepa is also working on new music to be released later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Mariah Carey to Receive Bravo’s 1st Ever ‘Giving Me Life Achievement Award’
- Parliament-Funkadelic Keyboardist Bernie Worrell Dies at 72
- Erykah Badu Directs Video for Robert Glasper Collabo ‘Maiysha (So Long)’ (Watch)
- TLC Begins Production on Tyler Perry's 'Too Close to Home'
- Deon Cole of ‘Black-ish’ Scores Standup Special on Comedy Central
- Bill Cosby Accuser Drops Defamation Lawsuit, But Still 'In Solidarity' With Alleged Victims
- Trolls Trying to Insult Steph Curry's 3-Year-Old Daughter Mistakenly Tweet Grown Man (See His Response)
- Larenz Tate, Mike Colter Join Queen Latifah’s ‘Girl Trip’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here