*After a report surfaced Monday at mediatakeout.com and other sites that inferred Cheryl “Salt” James of the rap group Salt-N-Pepa was “forced to sell her (Long Island,) New York mansion” because she is “broke,” the legendary rap artist is setting the record straight.
Via a statement sent to EUR from her spokesperson, Linda Stewart, Salt wants it known that, bottom line, her money ain’t funny. She’s simply making a switch to be closer to her mother (who lives in South Carolina) by moving to Atlanta:
Contrary to recent online reports, Cheryl ‘Salt’ James states that neither financial difficulty, nor economic hardship is the reason for the decision to sell her Melville, NY estate.
Salt has owned her home since 2001 and is not danger of losing it. As stated in a recent Newsday article, Salt “plans to move to Atlanta, to enjoy warmer weather and be closer to her Mom, who resides in South Carolina.” Atlanta also offers her another outlet for “various music and entertainment-oriented opportunities.”
Both Salt and her partner Sandy ‘Pepa’ Denton of Salt-N-Pepa fame just recently wrapped a long running tour, where they presented and performed alongside other Legends of Hip-Hop, including Doug E. Fresh, Kurtis Blow, Naughty By Nature and Mc Lyte to name a few.
The Grammy winning group continues to perform in cities across the country through the summer.
By the way, Salt-N-Pepa is also working on new music to be released later this year.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here