*After a report surfaced Monday at mediatakeout.com and other sites that inferred Cheryl “Salt” James of the rap group Salt-N-Pepa was “forced to sell her (Long Island,) New York mansion” because she is “broke,” the legendary rap artist is setting the record straight.
Via a statement sent to EUR from her spokesperson, Linda Stewart, Salt wants it known that, bottom line, her money ain’t funny. She’s simply making a switch to be closer to her mother (who lives in South Carolina) by moving to Atlanta:
Contrary to recent online reports, Cheryl ‘Salt’ James states that neither financial difficulty, nor economic hardship is the reason for the decision to sell her Melville, NY estate.
Salt has owned her home since 2001 and is not danger of losing it. As stated in a recent Newsday article, Salt “plans to move to Atlanta, to enjoy warmer weather and be closer to her Mom, who resides in South Carolina.” Atlanta also offers her another outlet for “various music and entertainment-oriented opportunities.”
Both Salt and her partner Sandy ‘Pepa’ Denton of Salt-N-Pepa fame just recently wrapped a long running tour, where they presented and performed alongside other Legends of Hip-Hop, including Doug E. Fresh, Kurtis Blow, Naughty By Nature and Mc Lyte to name a few.
The Grammy winning group continues to perform in cities across the country through the summer.
By the way, Salt-N-Pepa is also working on new music to be released later this year.
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here