*After all the hub bub, so to speak, about his appearance at the White House last week, Common is trying something a little different and is getting behind the scenes a bit with a new indie film, “L.U.V.” as the producer.
He’ll also be staring in the flick as well.
In the film, Common, born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, plays Vincent, an ex convict who strikes up an unlikely friendship with his introverted 13-year-old nephew Woody while attempting to turn his life around.
“Vincent is a uniquely conflicted character,” Common said of the role. “I found an appeal in his desire to move past his failures and onto the right track, and the challenges that presents.”
The film also features a lot of first timers and a group of other producers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Remodeling Your Home: The Risks You Need to Know
- THE (05-02-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- OMG! Did Facebook CEO, Mark Zuckerberg, Really Respond to My Friendly 'Hello?'
- Wendy Raquel Robinson Pays Tribute to Iconic Artist Prince
- Kelly Rowland's New Music Series Has Her Missing Destiny’s Child
- Tyra Banks, Misty Copeland to Speak During Essence Experience
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Ni*ga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here