*After all the hub bub, so to speak, about his appearance at the White House last week, Common is trying something a little different and is getting behind the scenes a bit with a new indie film, “L.U.V.” as the producer.
He’ll also be staring in the flick as well.
In the film, Common, born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, plays Vincent, an ex convict who strikes up an unlikely friendship with his introverted 13-year-old nephew Woody while attempting to turn his life around.
“Vincent is a uniquely conflicted character,” Common said of the role. “I found an appeal in his desire to move past his failures and onto the right track, and the challenges that presents.”
The film also features a lot of first timers and a group of other producers.
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- K. Michelle Performs at Sold Out Honey Jam Concert, Joined By 'Rebels'
- Browns Suspicious Houstons Will Sneak Pic of Bobbi Kristina's Body: Report
- DIY Zen Living: Make the Most of Whatever Outdoor Space You Have
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here