*After all the hub bub, so to speak, about his appearance at the White House last week, Common is trying something a little different and is getting behind the scenes a bit with a new indie film, “L.U.V.” as the producer.
He’ll also be staring in the flick as well.
In the film, Common, born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, plays Vincent, an ex convict who strikes up an unlikely friendship with his introverted 13-year-old nephew Woody while attempting to turn his life around.
“Vincent is a uniquely conflicted character,” Common said of the role. “I found an appeal in his desire to move past his failures and onto the right track, and the challenges that presents.”
The film also features a lot of first timers and a group of other producers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Comedian George Wallace: 'The Black But Equal Thing Don't Work for Us' [EUR EXCLUSIVE]
- Race and Cancer Survival: Blacks Less Likely to Survive (Writer Shares Personal Experience)
- Why Millions Would Join a Gorilla’s Lives Matter but Not Black Lives Matter
- Minor League Baseball Team to Honor Prince in Special 'Purple Game, Purple Game'
- Taraji P. Henson Among Honorees at Women in Film’s Crystal + Lucy Awards
- Dwayne Johnson to Play Action Hero Lead in ‘Doc Savage’
- Pres. Obama Edited to Sing Rihanna’s ‘Work’ (Watch)
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here