*After all the hub bub, so to speak, about his appearance at the White House last week, Common is trying something a little different and is getting behind the scenes a bit with a new indie film, “L.U.V.” as the producer.
He’ll also be staring in the flick as well.
In the film, Common, born Lonnie Rashid Lynn, plays Vincent, an ex convict who strikes up an unlikely friendship with his introverted 13-year-old nephew Woody while attempting to turn his life around.
“Vincent is a uniquely conflicted character,” Common said of the role. “I found an appeal in his desire to move past his failures and onto the right track, and the challenges that presents.”
The film also features a lot of first timers and a group of other producers.
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Soul of the US Open: Serena Williams Survives Nuisance Nederlander; Venus Takes Step Two Toward Spoiling Sister's Slam Bid
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here