*Friday evening started out as beautifully as LaShawna Threatt had wanted it to be as she went out and celebrated her 30th birthday with her father, boyfriend and a host of friends. Early Saturday morning, Threatt’s promising life and aspiring modeling career came to an abrupt end when she died from injuries she suffered in a fall.
Threatt and friend, Cierra Williams, fell out of a 1oth floor window of the W Hotel in Atlanta, Georgia, while “play-fighting” or wrestling as they wrapped up the evening of food and fun. Threatt, the mother of a 15-year-old daughter, died instantly when she crashed into a fifth floor roof. Williams, a professional dancer, is battling for life. Williams is currently in critical condition at Grady Memorial Hospital.
As many as a hundred people came out and showed their support at a candlelight vigil for the families of Threatt and Williams. Police have ruled out foul play regarding the incident, but are doing an toxicology examination to see if alcohol played a part in the tragic turn of events. Threatt, who hails from Sacramento, California, also did party promotions for alcholic beverage compaines besides her modeling ambitions.
Threatt, who is listed as 5-foot-7, 116 pounds, was just hitting her stride in the modeling profession with print ad commercial shoots with Bigen Hair Color Company and promoting events for companies like Moet & Hennessy.
Police are calling the incident a tragedy.
“It appears that there was no malicious act, no foul play,” said Atlanta police homicide commander, Lt. Paul Guerrucci. “They were just wrestling with each other. They hit the window. The window broke. And they fell out.”
Threatt’s longtime boyfriend, Ray Hamilton, tried vainly to save his love, only to come up empty after grabbing the back of her hair.
Michael O’Donohue, a manager at the W Hotel, said further information about the accident and investigation would have to come from police.
“The incident at the W Atlanta early Saturday is very tragic and our thoughts and prayers are with the woman who was injured and the family and friends of the woman who died in the fall,” O’Donohue said. “There is a police investigation underway and all information must come from the authorities.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Therez Fleetwood's 'Men and Intimacy: Real Talk... Real Answers' Reveals Answers to What Men Want
- First Look: Rihanna’s New Line of Star Trek-Inspired Dior Sunglasses
- Opinion: How Democratic Superdelegates decided the 2016 Election
- Prince’s Fam Requests Revolution Start Reunion Tour AFTER August Memorial Event
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here