*Part of the reason Detroit went into a tailspin is due to the unfortunate state of “affairs” that Kwame Kilpatrick left behind along with his highly publicized scandals.
But, long after the dust has settled on the case and he’s served one jail sentence and is in the middle of another, he has filed a lawsuit against the cell phone companies that released his texts (that he denied ever making) to the media.
Motown’s financial woes are partly due to this long drawn out case against the former mayor. The city had to shell out hard earned tax dollars to defend the then mayor.
And after all of that, he’s still thinking about himself and he’s depressed and outraged, according to the Detroit News … and his wife, Carlita Kilpatrick. (more…)
- Rain Pryor Talks Race, Richard Pryor and ‘Fried Chicken & Latkes’
- Exclusive: Dayo Okeniyi Has Pivotal Role in 'Terminator Genysis'
- Dr. Rosie Milligan: The Malignant Hate Cancer Took Nine Lives
- Allen West: Confederate Flag is ‘Manufactured Political Crisis’ by Left
- Panel Photos: Beautiful Textures Presents 'Who Wore What,' BET Awards Fashion Recap [Photos]
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here