*Apparently news of Christopher Meloni’s abrupt exit from “Law & Order: Special Victims Unit” was just as shocking to his co-stars as it was to fans.
Cast member Ice-T says he was surprised at how Meloni’s contract negotiations turned out.
“I’m sad,” the “Ice Loves Coco” reality star told “E! News” two days after reports surfaced that Meloni, 50, would not be returning to the NBC hit for its 13th season this fall. “Me and Chris have been together a long time.”
The one-time rapper, who stars as Det. Fin Tutuola on “SVU,” says he wasn’t aware of his costar’s negotiation holdups until the deal was done.
“We all negotiate separately,” says Ice-T, 53, who has appeared on the series since 2000. “I’m not somebody who’s dying to leave the show, but at the end of the day you still have to sit down with the execs and hammer it out. So I guess with Chris, it didn’t go his way.”
Unfortunately for SVU fans, Meloni’s departure is not the only shakeup happening on the series. Earlier this month, sources told Deadline that Mariska Hargitay was signed on for the upcoming season, but only for the first 13 episodes. After that, her character — Detective Olivia Benson — would be promoted to a higher position and a new detective, possibly played by Jennifer Love Hewitt, would take her place.
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here