*It’s been a long time since anyone has been discovered on “Showtime at the Apollo.”
The opportunity may be returning soon as the show is coming back, but this time on BET. The network is finalizing a deal for a pilot to be produced by Jamie Foxx and the show’s original executive director, Don Weiner.
“Showtime” will continue along the same vein of tradition and will feature the Apollo Theater’s Amateur Night.
The funny thing about all of this is that Foxx was booed off the stage as a young comedian at the Apollo. But look at him now, he’s large and in charge of the very same show.
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here