*It’s been a long time since anyone has been discovered on “Showtime at the Apollo.”
The opportunity may be returning soon as the show is coming back, but this time on BET. The network is finalizing a deal for a pilot to be produced by Jamie Foxx and the show’s original executive director, Don Weiner.
“Showtime” will continue along the same vein of tradition and will feature the Apollo Theater’s Amateur Night.
The funny thing about all of this is that Foxx was booed off the stage as a young comedian at the Apollo. But look at him now, he’s large and in charge of the very same show.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here