*As Idris Elba prepares for the release of “Thor” (see trailer below) in which he plays the role of all-seeing Heimdall, he’s also readying himself for a battle against fans who disagree with the part.
“Pure-fan” comic-bookers say its quite disrespectful to have a black man play the role of a character rooted in Norse mythology.
Elba, 38, says it’s just outright racism talking.
“Purist comic-book fans are one thing,” said the 38-year-old actor in an interview with L.A. Times, “Out-and-out racism is another… Of course, the more I speak on this topic, the more I fuel it. But, look, if people have a problem with me playing the character, just don’t go see the movie, you know?”
Well, they may do just that. There is a website petitioning fans to boycott the film for inserting “left-wing social engineering into European mythology.”
Check out the site here.
“Thor” opens this weekend.
Meanwhile, Elba’s career keeps moving forward. He just finished filming Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance which is slated for release in 2012.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- The Journal of Steffanie Rivers: Donald Trump Is the Master of the Blame Game
- THE (12-01-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Watch Bryshere 'Yazz' Gray Freestyle on 'The Talk'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here