*Scotty McCreery may have won “American Idol,” but a number of season 10 finalists have scored recording contracts – and producer Rodney Jerkins will have his stamp on at least three of the projects.
Fourth finalist out, Pia Toscano, has already recorded “a few songs,” according to Jerkins. He says her debut is poised to be “a big, diva-sounding record.”
“It’s what I think I do best – that big Whitney, Mariah, Celine vibe,” he told the Hollywood Reporter. “We’ve having fun with that.”
He’s making plans for additional sessions while Toscano and the rest of season 10 Top 11 are out on tour this summer. “These kids have crazy schedules so what’s going to happen is while they’re on the road traveling, they’ll have to stop in certain cities and record, which might mean us traveling and meeting them to record.”
On orders from Interscope Geffen A&M chairman Jimmy Iovine, Jerkins has also been tasked with composing songs for McCreery and runner-up Lauren Alaina.
“This was training for us producers,” Jerkins tells THR. “I wrote five country songs last week. It’s transformed not just the contestants but even the producer. Tricky [Stewart] produced that ‘Mama’ song for Lauren, and he said, ‘With this show, we’re not just urban pop guys anymore.’ George Strait can call me tomorrow and I’m ready to go!”
As far as when these albums might see a release date? That’s not entirely clear, it might be end of summer, or perhaps the fall, as per the Sony Music timeline of “Idol” albums past.
“Jimmy said, ‘Start working now,’” Jerkins reveals. “One song that Scotty recorded is really close to being a go right now, but basically, I’ve been told to just keep writing.”
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- New Top Rank Lawsuit Brings Monopoly Claims Against Al Haymon
- What Style of Engagement Ring is Right for You?
- THE (07-06-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Staten Island Summer' to Release on Netflix July 31 (Watch Trailer)
- Aaron Camper's Back and is 'Hypnotizing' in New Video (WATCH)
- MTV Presents 'White People' Documentary
- Kanye West Could've Been Highest Paid on Las Vegas Strip
- Reach Media Welcomes 'Gospel Traxx With Walt Baby Love' to its Urban Lineup
- Tyrese Gibson Responds to Forbes for ‘Green Lantern’ Shade
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here