*Saturday night in Oklahoma City, Dirk Nowitzki didn’t play the hero role like he did in game one, but the Dallas Mavericks still built a huge early lead before hanging on for a 93-87 victory over the Thunder in Game 3 of the NBA Western Conference finals.
The Mavericks, who tied with the Miami Heat for the league’s best road record during the regular season, won for the fourth straight time outside Dallas in these playoffs and reclaimed home-court advantage just two nights after letting it get away in Game 2.
Scoring a total of 18 points, Nowitzki went 7 for 21 from the field but Dallas still called on him in the clutch to hold off Oklahoma City’s late charge.
Oklahoma’s Kevin Durant also struggled from the field. The NBA scoring champ hit just 7 of 22 shots ending up with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
Game 4 is back in Oklahoma City Monday night at 9pm Eastern on ESPN.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jesse Williams Reminds BET Audience Why He’s #ActivistBae (Watch the Full Speech)
- Watch: This Young Brother Met an 'Angel' at Krogers in Memphis
- Jill Scott Marries Longtime Boyfriend Mike Dobson; He Surprises Her with Big Daddy Kane at Reception (Watch)
- LTC Eddie Smith Congratulates 100 Black Men Mentee of the Year
- THE (06-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 2016 BET Awards Winners List
- 50 Cent Arrested in St. Kitts for Using Dirty Word in Show
- TV One Sets Original Film ‘Bad Dad Rehab’ for July Premiere (EUR Exclusive)
- Montell Jordan Releases New Memoir & Returns To R&B
- Frank Ocean Pens Open Letter On Orlando Massacre
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here