*Saturday night in Oklahoma City, Dirk Nowitzki didn’t play the hero role like he did in game one, but the Dallas Mavericks still built a huge early lead before hanging on for a 93-87 victory over the Thunder in Game 3 of the NBA Western Conference finals.
The Mavericks, who tied with the Miami Heat for the league’s best road record during the regular season, won for the fourth straight time outside Dallas in these playoffs and reclaimed home-court advantage just two nights after letting it get away in Game 2.
Scoring a total of 18 points, Nowitzki went 7 for 21 from the field but Dallas still called on him in the clutch to hold off Oklahoma City’s late charge.
Oklahoma’s Kevin Durant also struggled from the field. The NBA scoring champ hit just 7 of 22 shots ending up with 24 points and 12 rebounds.
Game 4 is back in Oklahoma City Monday night at 9pm Eastern on ESPN.
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here