“Why Did I Get Married” actor Richard T. Jones embarrassed himself at this year’s University of Maryland graduation as he gave a rambling commencement speech.
In other words he wasn’t prepared. He wasted everybody’s time and made whoever invited him, wish they hadn’t made that decision.
As he stammered his way through the almost interminable 15 minutes he was at the mic, he tried several times to blame it on the speakers who preceded him:
“Wow! I had this great speech ready for you guys and then you put me behind a bunch of doctors. You put an actor…behind a bunch of doctors…and then they said everything I wanted to say so I figure I’ll keep talking until I say something. I had such great analogies. I had such great quotes … And every one was used already. I’m glad I looked up a word called improv because that is what is going to happen here.”
Only what he came up with was NOT improv. But in retrospect if it wasn’t so sad watching him die in front of thousands, it would be funny. Then again, after you watch it, if you can, you just might think it IS funny.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here