“Why Did I Get Married” actor Richard T. Jones embarrassed himself at this year’s University of Maryland graduation as he gave a rambling commencement speech.
In other words he wasn’t prepared. He wasted everybody’s time and made whoever invited him, wish they hadn’t made that decision.
As he stammered his way through the almost interminable 15 minutes he was at the mic, he tried several times to blame it on the speakers who preceded him:
“Wow! I had this great speech ready for you guys and then you put me behind a bunch of doctors. You put an actor…behind a bunch of doctors…and then they said everything I wanted to say so I figure I’ll keep talking until I say something. I had such great analogies. I had such great quotes … And every one was used already. I’m glad I looked up a word called improv because that is what is going to happen here.”
Only what he came up with was NOT improv. But in retrospect if it wasn’t so sad watching him die in front of thousands, it would be funny. Then again, after you watch it, if you can, you just might think it IS funny.
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here