“Why Did I Get Married” actor Richard T. Jones embarrassed himself at this year’s University of Maryland graduation as he gave a rambling commencement speech.
In other words he wasn’t prepared. He wasted everybody’s time and made whoever invited him, wish they hadn’t made that decision.
As he stammered his way through the almost interminable 15 minutes he was at the mic, he tried several times to blame it on the speakers who preceded him:
“Wow! I had this great speech ready for you guys and then you put me behind a bunch of doctors. You put an actor…behind a bunch of doctors…and then they said everything I wanted to say so I figure I’ll keep talking until I say something. I had such great analogies. I had such great quotes … And every one was used already. I’m glad I looked up a word called improv because that is what is going to happen here.”
Only what he came up with was NOT improv. But in retrospect if it wasn’t so sad watching him die in front of thousands, it would be funny. Then again, after you watch it, if you can, you just might think it IS funny.
- Man Breaks Down After Recognizing Judge As Former Classmate (WATCH)
- Patty Farmer's 'Playboy Swings' Releases in September
- Thriller: Sanaa, Ealy & Chestnut in Trailer for 'The Perfect Guy' (WATCH)
- Tyra Banks Rants About Industry Pressure on New Models
- Uzo Aduba Stuns 'The View' Cast with Her Operatic Voice (WATCH)
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here