*Stevie Wonder surprised graduates at Tulane University with an impromptu performance of his hit “You Are The Sunshine of My Life,” during ceremonies at which he also received an honorary degree, reports the AP.
Nobel Laureate Walter Gilbert and award-winning journalist Cokie Roberts also received degrees during Thursday’s commencement exercises for 2,300 students. New York Times columnist and Pulitzer Prize winning author Thomas Friedman was the keynote speaker.
As Michael White’s Original Liberty Jazz Band and singer Topsy Chapman performed “Do You Know What It Means to Miss New Orleans,” Wonder unexpectedly added his harmonica magic to the song. He also briefly addressed the graduates and recited the words of a new song he’s penned called “Ten Billion Hearts.”
University spokesman Michael Strecker says the audience received an “unexpected treat.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Walk 21-Miles to Work, Now He Drives & is Overweight
- Malcolm Jamal Warner on Ride-Or-Die Friendship Between OJ and AC (Exclusive)
- Master P Sued Over Failure to Deliver Snoop Dogg in Dubai
- Grammys: Ice Cube & Son to Present; Miguel to Sing 'She's Out Of My Life'
- Yolanda Adams Added to Fox’s Live Musical ‘The Passion’
- Lance Stephenson Drags Ex K. Michelle Over ‘Down in the DM’ Remix
- Cleveland Rescinds $500 ER Bill Sent to Tamir Rice’s Family
- Not a Good Cop Look: Ex-Sheriff, Lee Baca, Admits Guilt in False Statements
- Woman Accusing Chris Brown of Battery Files Lawsuit
- Wife of Thunder Asst. Coach Monty Williams Dies in Car Crash
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here