*On Friday more than 2,000 people turned out to pay last respects to Mante “M-Bone” Talbert of Cali Swag District at an Inglewood, California, funeral.
The 22-year-old “Teach Me How to Dougie” dancer was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on May 15 in his hometown of Inglewood.
Talbert’s grandmother, uncle and the three remaining members of Cali Swag, attended M-Bone’s funeral at the Faithful Central Bible Church, reported MTV News.
Talbert, who made his mark as one-fourth of CSD, will be remembered as the group’s off the hook dancer. Bone’s claim to fame was doing the Dougie, a 1980s dance that found new life thanks to the quartet’s 2010 platinum hit “Teach Me How to Dougie.”
Cali Swag District member Yung spoke at the funeral about the impact of his fallen friend.
“I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,” he said to the crowd while sobbing. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.”
Tags: MTV Shows
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Black Stars Support Oscars At NAACP Image Awards (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here