*On Friday more than 2,000 people turned out to pay last respects to Mante “M-Bone” Talbert of Cali Swag District at an Inglewood, California, funeral.
The 22-year-old “Teach Me How to Dougie” dancer was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on May 15 in his hometown of Inglewood.
Talbert’s grandmother, uncle and the three remaining members of Cali Swag, attended M-Bone’s funeral at the Faithful Central Bible Church, reported MTV News.
Talbert, who made his mark as one-fourth of CSD, will be remembered as the group’s off the hook dancer. Bone’s claim to fame was doing the Dougie, a 1980s dance that found new life thanks to the quartet’s 2010 platinum hit “Teach Me How to Dougie.”
Cali Swag District member Yung spoke at the funeral about the impact of his fallen friend.
“I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,” he said to the crowd while sobbing. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.”
Tags: MTV Shows
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Rapper Troy Ave Pleads Not Guilty in T.I. Concert Shooting
- Jack Hanna Agrees '1,000 Percent' with Killing of Gorilla Harambe (Watch)
- Prince Sets Billboard 200 Record More Than a Month After Death
- Damon Dash’s Son "Boogie" Arrested for DUI
- The Socialist's Journal/ The Prodigy: Esther Okade Taking College Courses at 11?!
- Robertson Treatment Syndicated Column (RTSC): PRINCE IN CINEMA - Remembered by the AAFCA
- Parents of 4-Yr-Old who Fell in Gorilla Enclosure Catching Hell on Social Media
- Newlywed Needs: Best Investment Purchases for the Recently Wed
- Rinkins Report: Financial Expert Shares Insights He Used to Overcome $250k Debt on Reality Series
- THE (05-31-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here