*On Friday more than 2,000 people turned out to pay last respects to Mante “M-Bone” Talbert of Cali Swag District at an Inglewood, California, funeral.
The 22-year-old “Teach Me How to Dougie” dancer was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on May 15 in his hometown of Inglewood.
Talbert’s grandmother, uncle and the three remaining members of Cali Swag, attended M-Bone’s funeral at the Faithful Central Bible Church, reported MTV News.
Talbert, who made his mark as one-fourth of CSD, will be remembered as the group’s off the hook dancer. Bone’s claim to fame was doing the Dougie, a 1980s dance that found new life thanks to the quartet’s 2010 platinum hit “Teach Me How to Dougie.”
Cali Swag District member Yung spoke at the funeral about the impact of his fallen friend.
“I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,” he said to the crowd while sobbing. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.”
Tags: MTV Shows
- Piano Man: Tyler Perry Buys Nat King Cole's Steinway for $150k
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here