*On Friday more than 2,000 people turned out to pay last respects to Mante “M-Bone” Talbert of Cali Swag District at an Inglewood, California, funeral.
The 22-year-old “Teach Me How to Dougie” dancer was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on May 15 in his hometown of Inglewood.
Talbert’s grandmother, uncle and the three remaining members of Cali Swag, attended M-Bone’s funeral at the Faithful Central Bible Church, reported MTV News.
Talbert, who made his mark as one-fourth of CSD, will be remembered as the group’s off the hook dancer. Bone’s claim to fame was doing the Dougie, a 1980s dance that found new life thanks to the quartet’s 2010 platinum hit “Teach Me How to Dougie.”
Cali Swag District member Yung spoke at the funeral about the impact of his fallen friend.
“I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,” he said to the crowd while sobbing. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.”
Tags: MTV Shows
- The Socialist's Journal: The Peril of Being Hillary Clinton
- Gunshots Damage 3 Luxury Cars At Studio Connected with Rick Ross
- THE (07-07-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- The New Trailer for Universal Pictures’ 'Steve Jobs' has Just Debuted Online [Watch]
- Jill Scott UNdefends Bill Cosby: She is Now 'Completely Disgusted'
- K. Michelle Pleads with Black Media to Leave Her Alone
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here