*On Friday more than 2,000 people turned out to pay last respects to Mante “M-Bone” Talbert of Cali Swag District at an Inglewood, California, funeral.
The 22-year-old “Teach Me How to Dougie” dancer was gunned down in a drive-by shooting on May 15 in his hometown of Inglewood.
Talbert’s grandmother, uncle and the three remaining members of Cali Swag, attended M-Bone’s funeral at the Faithful Central Bible Church, reported MTV News.
Talbert, who made his mark as one-fourth of CSD, will be remembered as the group’s off the hook dancer. Bone’s claim to fame was doing the Dougie, a 1980s dance that found new life thanks to the quartet’s 2010 platinum hit “Teach Me How to Dougie.”
Cali Swag District member Yung spoke at the funeral about the impact of his fallen friend.
“I never knew anybody’s body can move that way before I met M-Bone,” he said to the crowd while sobbing. “Since the sixth grade, me and him been dancing together, but I never got to tell him this: He taught me a lot.”
Tags: MTV Shows
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- John Legend Records First-Ever Holiday Duet With the Stars [Listen]
- Porsha Williams, Cynthia Bailey 'RHOA' Fight, Time to Retire B-word?
- Vivica A. Fox Wants an 'Empire' Spinoff Based on Candace
- Report: Tom Joyner Being Forced Out of Own Radio Show; Russ Parr to Take Over
- 50 Cent Sitcom ‘My Friend 50’ Headed to Fox
- The Best of Black Twitter’s #PopeBars
- Mom of Ronald Johnson Wants Dashcam Video of Son's Killing Released (VIdeo)
- 'L&HHH's' Milan Christopher Denies Dating ‘Empire’s’ Jussie Smollett
- Anthony Anderson Inks Multi-Year Deal With NAACP Image Awards
- Business Owners Combine To Launch Innovative Approach to 'Buy Black' Movement
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here