*Today, the Essence Music Festival kicks off its “I Go For…” contest which will award one lucky fan a trip for two to this year’s highly anticipated Essence Music Festival!
Fans are asked to tell Essence which Festival main stage artist they “Go For” and why. The grand prize winner will receive a VIP trip for two to the 2011 Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, which will include airfare, hotel, festival tickets and all-access passes for the electrifying three day weekend.
This year’s festival is themed, “The Roots of R&B,” and features a stellar lineup that includes Chaka Kahn, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, New Edition, Usher and more.
For a chance to win the trip of a lifetime, log on to www.EssenceMusicFestival.com/igofor or enter the contest via its Facebook page and explain who you “Go For.” Secondary prizes include ten winners who will receive an Essence Music Festival gift pack including official merchandise and a copy of “Music World presents Essence Music Festival Volume 3 DVD/CD” and 100 winners will receive the DVD/CD.
For information about ticket sales, accommodations and the latest updates and to sign up for the Essence Music Festival newsletter, visit http://www.essencemusicfestival.com. Follow on Twitter @essencemusic #EMF2011 and become a fan of 2011 Essence Music Festival on Facebook.
- Paula Deen Says She Didn't Post the Brownface Pic; Her Twitter Handler Did
- Rick Ross Released from Jail after Posting $2 Million Bail
- FSU’s De’Andre Johnson Says Woman Called Her N-Word Before he Hit Her (Report)
- Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice Room Filled with Whitney’s Music, Photos, Scented Candles (Report)
- Donovan McNabb Arrested on Suspicion of DUI - Again
- Serena Advances at Wimbledon with Win Against Victoria Azarenka
- Women Traveling Solo: Wear a Fake Wedding Ring (and Other Tips!)
- Paula Deen Tweets Photo of Son in Brownface
- ‘The Real’s’ Jeannie Mai, ESPN, PGA Latest to Dump Trump
- Judge Refuses to Dismiss Suge Knight's Murder Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here