*Today, the Essence Music Festival kicks off its “I Go For…” contest which will award one lucky fan a trip for two to this year’s highly anticipated Essence Music Festival!
Fans are asked to tell Essence which Festival main stage artist they “Go For” and why. The grand prize winner will receive a VIP trip for two to the 2011 Essence Music Festival in New Orleans, which will include airfare, hotel, festival tickets and all-access passes for the electrifying three day weekend.
This year’s festival is themed, “The Roots of R&B,” and features a stellar lineup that includes Chaka Kahn, Jennifer Hudson, Jill Scott, Kanye West, Mary J. Blige, New Edition, Usher and more.
For a chance to win the trip of a lifetime, log on to www.EssenceMusicFestival.com/igofor or enter the contest via its Facebook page and explain who you “Go For.” Secondary prizes include ten winners who will receive an Essence Music Festival gift pack including official merchandise and a copy of “Music World presents Essence Music Festival Volume 3 DVD/CD” and 100 winners will receive the DVD/CD.
For information about ticket sales, accommodations and the latest updates and to sign up for the Essence Music Festival newsletter, visit http://www.essencemusicfestival.com. Follow on Twitter @essencemusic #EMF2011 and become a fan of 2011 Essence Music Festival on Facebook.
- Hump Nails: Yay or Hell to the Nah! (Provide Your Own Fun Captions for Jellybean Win!)
- Ice & Coco Talk New Baby, New Talk Show and Breeding Out Racism
- Drama Developing: Bobbi Kristina Casket Pic Sold for Over $100K
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here