*This week, Maya Moore of the WNBA signed a historic endorsement deal with Nike’s Jordan Brand, becoming the first female basketball signee on the brand’s roster, which currently includes Derek Jeter, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul and Andre Johnson.
This year’s WNBA number one draft pick, Moore, 22, will be starting next season with the Minnesota Lynx. But the 6’0” is best known for her days in the UConn Women hoops program.
Leading the team to a record breaking 90-game winning streak, back-to-back championship titles in 2009 and 2010, Moore became a Huskies’ legend and national face. The two-time National Player of the Year, considered one of the top players in women’s basketball.
“Not only has Maya proven to be a prolific winner on the court, but her hunger and determination to make an impact off the court makes her a valuable addition to the Jordan family,” says Michael Jordan. “We look forward to working with Maya as she carries her success to the next level.”
Speaking on her new role, Moore said: “As a student of the game, it is a dream come true to align myself with a brand that has a rich history in sports. Like most kids, I grew up idolizing Michael Jordan and continue to work relentlessly to reach his iconic status on the court. I’m truly motivated to take my career to the next level as a member of Team Jordan.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here