*The New York Post is reporting that earlier this year, Sean “Diddy” Combs quietly settled all of the civil lawsuits stemming from the infamous 1999 shooting at Club New York.
Diddy, his former protégé Jamal “Shyne” Barrow and the now-defunct Times Square nightclub struck a deal earlier this year with three club-goers shot by Barrow in the notorious 1999 melee, court records show.
The exact terms of the settlements were unknown because of confidentiality agreements between the parties, but former Club New York owner Michael Bergos, who did not sign the confidentiality deal, said the most seriously injured victim, Natania Reuben, was paid $1.8 million.
Reuben, 40, was shot in the nose and suffered seizures because of seven bullet fragments still lodged in her face.
Two other victims were paid $500,000 and $50,000. Bergos said he was unsure who paid what amount in the deal, but Barrow’s and the club’s shares were picked up by insurance companies, while Diddy — who was acquitted in the criminal case related to the brawl — had to pay out of pocket because his insurance company had gone belly up.
A rep for Diddy declined comment. Reuben’s lawyer, Debra Reiser, also declined comment, saying, “My client wanted the confidentiality agreement because she didn’t want any further publicity. She’s been victimized enough.”
Bergos said he refused to sign the confidentiality deal “because I did nothing wrong and I may need to talk about [the incident] sometime in the future.”
The shooting occurred Dec. 27, 1999, when Combs was still known as “Puff Daddy” and dating Jennifer Lopez. Bergos said Combs, Lopez, Barrow, Combs bodyguard Anthony “Wolf” Jones and others went to the then-hot spot to celebrate signing Barrow to a record deal.
The night turned ugly when Combs’ crew exchanged words with another clubgoer, Matthew “Scar” Allen. Barrow pulled out a gun and started firing. He was later convicted of shooting two bystanders.
“It felt like a flaming hot sledgehammer hit me in the face,” Reuben, a beautician and mother of two, testified during the criminal trial.
Barrow served nine years in prison and was deported to his native Belize after release.
Bergos said he’s considering an offer to write a book about his experience.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Karrine Steffans: ‘I Was One of Jay Z’s Beckys Back in 2000’
- Drake and Nicki Minaj No Longer Talk, but He Has ‘Genuine Energy’ With Rihanna
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here