*It’s old news made new again. Cell phones aren’t good for your brain.
There has been a lot of debate and speculation over the years in regards to cell phones and the risks their radiation can have. But now, the World Health Organization (WHO) has officially categorized mobile phone use as a possible carcinogenic hazard.
In the past, studies have suggested that electromagnetic radiation could cause adverse effects on humans, such as brain tumors and problems with male fertility.
The DailyTech reports that the largest international study on cell phones and cancer, which was released in 2010, showed that volunteers who used cell phones over a 10-year period or longer had doubled the rate of a type of tumor called glioma.
Another study conducted by the National Institutes of Health showed that cell phone radiation boosts brain activity by 7 percent, but it is still unknown what this artificial boost does to the brain. Some effects may not be known for many years.
Read more at the DailyTech.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Report: Janet Jackson Pregnant With First Child at Nearly 50
- Radio Stations Nationwide to Simulcast Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ on Wed
- Woman Stabs Boyfriend For Not Getting Her a Valentine’s Gift (Video)
- Attorney for Prince's Addiction Specialist Explains Pills Found in His Medical Bag (Watch)
- Cynthia Bailey, Stacey Dash Cast in Syfy’s ‘Sharknado: The 4th Awakens’
- Lee Daniels Writes Apology Letter to Sean Penn, Ending Defamation Suit
- Kanye West Reportedly Fired Security Guard for Trying to Talk to His Wife
- Prince Being Added to Apollo Theater’s Walk of Fame
- Jay Z To Tell ‘His Side ’ of Beyonce Marriage in New Album (Report)
- Heartbreaking: Teen Bullied on Social Media Over Her Prom Photo
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here