*It’s old news made new again. Cell phones aren’t good for your brain.
There has been a lot of debate and speculation over the years in regards to cell phones and the risks their radiation can have. But now, the World Health Organization (WHO) has officially categorized mobile phone use as a possible carcinogenic hazard.
In the past, studies have suggested that electromagnetic radiation could cause adverse effects on humans, such as brain tumors and problems with male fertility.
The DailyTech reports that the largest international study on cell phones and cancer, which was released in 2010, showed that volunteers who used cell phones over a 10-year period or longer had doubled the rate of a type of tumor called glioma.
Another study conducted by the National Institutes of Health showed that cell phone radiation boosts brain activity by 7 percent, but it is still unknown what this artificial boost does to the brain. Some effects may not be known for many years.
Read more at the DailyTech.
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Kevin Craig West’s Starring Role in 'Twilight The StoryTellers -The Groundskeeper' Reaches 3 Million + Facebook Views
- Street Leading to Sandra Bland's Alma Mater Renamed in Her Honor
- Burger King Proposes to McDonalds ... in the Name of Peace
- Had Your Fill Yet?
- Inside Broadway: A Conversation with Broadway Veteran Chapman Roberts - Black Stars of the Great White Way (Part I)
- Russell Wilson Says God Has Anointed Him and Ciara
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here