*The Supreme Court has turned down the latest attempt by Wesley Snipes to get his conviction and prison sentence on tax charges overturned, reports the AP.
The high court refused today to hear an appeal from Snipes, convicted in 2008 on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file income tax returns.
Snipes began a three-year term in a federal minimum security prison in December.
He wanted his trial held in New York City, where he says he lived, but the government brought charges against him in Florida, where Snipes held a driver’s license. The lower courts refused to let him have an evidentiary hearing on this issue.
- Kobe and Shaq Squash Years Long Beef on Podcast (LISTEN)
- ‘Compton’ Three-Peats at No. 1; ‘War Room’ Captures Faith-Based Crowd With $11 Mil Debut
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here