*The Supreme Court has turned down the latest attempt by Wesley Snipes to get his conviction and prison sentence on tax charges overturned, reports the AP.
The high court refused today to hear an appeal from Snipes, convicted in 2008 on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file income tax returns.
Snipes began a three-year term in a federal minimum security prison in December.
He wanted his trial held in New York City, where he says he lived, but the government brought charges against him in Florida, where Snipes held a driver’s license. The lower courts refused to let him have an evidentiary hearing on this issue.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Nia Long on ‘Boyz n the Hood’ 25th Anniversary & Becoming an Oscar Voter (WATCH)
- Birdman: 'I Got A Million Dollars Under My Mattress'
- #DeyaDoesEssence! Meet Me in the Big Easy!
- Stacey Dash Filed for Bankruptcy in 2004, Had $7 in Bank Before Fiance’s Handouts
- Racist Woman to Reporter: ‘Get the F*ck Out of Here, You Stupid F*cking N*gger’ (WATCH)
- Damon Dash Explains Issue with BeyHive Harassing His Daughters
- Supermarkets: Please 'Assume' We Would 'Like a Bag' (Unless We Say Different)
- LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul, Wives 'Having 2 Much Fun on Vacay' (Watch)
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here