*The Supreme Court has turned down the latest attempt by Wesley Snipes to get his conviction and prison sentence on tax charges overturned, reports the AP.
The high court refused today to hear an appeal from Snipes, convicted in 2008 on three misdemeanor counts of willful failure to file income tax returns.
Snipes began a three-year term in a federal minimum security prison in December.
He wanted his trial held in New York City, where he says he lived, but the government brought charges against him in Florida, where Snipes held a driver’s license. The lower courts refused to let him have an evidentiary hearing on this issue.
- Whoa! Baltimore Sees 43 Homicides in July - A 43 Year Record for A Single Month
- Family Dynamics Cause Scare in Saturday's 'Flex & Shanice' (WATCH)
- Janet Jackson Continues Tour Rehearsal, Set to Perform at iHeartRadio Festival
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here