*Bishop Eddie Long is launching satellite branches of his Lithonia, GA-based New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and announced Sunday that the first one is in Birmingham, Ala.
The church is called New Birth Birmingham, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. And New Birth Denver is currently in the works.
Long also said the Lithonia megachurch recently received its certified audit back from 2010 and 2009. He didn’t explain why the audit was conducted. “All your money’s being done right and being calculated right,” he said from the pulpit, then asked parishioners with deep pockets to make larger donations ($500 to $1,000) as a seed for the ministry, the newspaper reports.
Four lawsuits against Long and the Lithonia megachurch were recently dismissed in DeKalb County State Court. Four young men allege Long coerced them into sexual relations using trips, gifts and jobs. Settlement terms are confidential.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of CLaquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here