*Bishop Eddie Long is launching satellite branches of his Lithonia, GA-based New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and announced Sunday that the first one is in Birmingham, Ala.
The church is called New Birth Birmingham, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. And New Birth Denver is currently in the works.
Long also said the Lithonia megachurch recently received its certified audit back from 2010 and 2009. He didn’t explain why the audit was conducted. “All your money’s being done right and being calculated right,” he said from the pulpit, then asked parishioners with deep pockets to make larger donations ($500 to $1,000) as a seed for the ministry, the newspaper reports.
Four lawsuits against Long and the Lithonia megachurch were recently dismissed in DeKalb County State Court. Four young men allege Long coerced them into sexual relations using trips, gifts and jobs. Settlement terms are confidential.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- T.I. New York City Concert Shooting: 1 Dead, 3 Wounded
- Generation Rent: How Young Families are Adapting to Apartment Living
- THE (05-26-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- EUR on the Scene: 2nd Annual Alma Del Barrio Salsa Festival
- People of Note: Paying Tribute to Michael
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here