*Bishop Eddie Long is launching satellite branches of his Lithonia, GA-based New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and announced Sunday that the first one is in Birmingham, Ala.
The church is called New Birth Birmingham, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. And New Birth Denver is currently in the works.
Long also said the Lithonia megachurch recently received its certified audit back from 2010 and 2009. He didn’t explain why the audit was conducted. “All your money’s being done right and being calculated right,” he said from the pulpit, then asked parishioners with deep pockets to make larger donations ($500 to $1,000) as a seed for the ministry, the newspaper reports.
Four lawsuits against Long and the Lithonia megachurch were recently dismissed in DeKalb County State Court. Four young men allege Long coerced them into sexual relations using trips, gifts and jobs. Settlement terms are confidential.
- 'Slave Trade' Video Game Altered After Social Media Backlash
- Michel'le Back with New Single: 'It's Nothing' (LISTEN)
- ‘Welcome to Death Row’ Shopped as a Sequel to ‘Straight Outta Compton’
- EUR Chats with 'The Perfect Guy' Cast: Lathan, Ealy & Chestnut (WATCH)
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here