*Bishop Eddie Long is launching satellite branches of his Lithonia, GA-based New Birth Missionary Baptist Church, and announced Sunday that the first one is in Birmingham, Ala.
The church is called New Birth Birmingham, reports the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. And New Birth Denver is currently in the works.
Long also said the Lithonia megachurch recently received its certified audit back from 2010 and 2009. He didn’t explain why the audit was conducted. “All your money’s being done right and being calculated right,” he said from the pulpit, then asked parishioners with deep pockets to make larger donations ($500 to $1,000) as a seed for the ministry, the newspaper reports.
Four lawsuits against Long and the Lithonia megachurch were recently dismissed in DeKalb County State Court. Four young men allege Long coerced them into sexual relations using trips, gifts and jobs. Settlement terms are confidential.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here