*Jada Pinkett Smith believes whole-heartedly in the adage “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
The actress, who has been married to Will Smith for 14 years and has two children – Jaden, 13, and 10-year-old Willow, with him – says spending time apart from her husband makes their relationship stronger.
“People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me,” she told Uptown. “It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”
Jada said that since becoming a mother, her children take priority.
“There was a time when all I had to worry about was myself,” she said. “I’d get offers to do things – to go to Bolivia for three months or go to Prague – and now it’s like, I can’t.
“It’s not about me anymore, it’s about me being there for my kids. And there’s no-one else I would leave that job to.”
The 39-year-old star also defended her and Will’s decision to let their children, who both have singing and acting careers, follow in their footsteps.
“There are so many other kids you can worry about,” she said. “My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment.”
- Russell Westbrook's Weekend Plans Include Wedding to Girlfriend
- Flanagan’s Family Releases Statement in Aftermath of Virginia Shooting (WATCH)
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Karen Clark Sheard is ‘Destined to Win’; New Album Debuts at #2
- A Hate Crime is a Hate Crime No Matter the Color of the Perpetrator
- EUR Tech Review: Samsung 2015: The Note 5 and Galaxy S6 Plus (VIDEO)
- The Truth About Coffee and the Diabetes Risk
- THE (08-28-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Usain Bolt Mowed Down by Segway (WATCH)
- Debbie Allen Dance Academy Offers scholarship to an ‘Uplifting Minds II’ Talent on Saturday October 24
- Let's Get Direct! Fail to Win!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here