*Jada Pinkett Smith believes whole-heartedly in the adage “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
The actress, who has been married to Will Smith for 14 years and has two children – Jaden, 13, and 10-year-old Willow, with him – says spending time apart from her husband makes their relationship stronger.
“People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me,” she told Uptown. “It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”
Jada said that since becoming a mother, her children take priority.
“There was a time when all I had to worry about was myself,” she said. “I’d get offers to do things – to go to Bolivia for three months or go to Prague – and now it’s like, I can’t.
“It’s not about me anymore, it’s about me being there for my kids. And there’s no-one else I would leave that job to.”
The 39-year-old star also defended her and Will’s decision to let their children, who both have singing and acting careers, follow in their footsteps.
“There are so many other kids you can worry about,” she said. “My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment.”
- Antonio Fargas Gives Props to Rihanna for 'BBHMM'
- Announcing the Luther Vandross Estate's 'Power of Love Experience'
- Google Apologizes for App that Calls Black People 'Gorillas'
- Warren Sapp Might Be Going to Jail for Breaking Plea Deal
- Sizzling Summer Movies Heat Up Box Office
- Black Women Fastest Growing Group of Entrepreneurs in U.S
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here