*Jada Pinkett Smith believes whole-heartedly in the adage “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
The actress, who has been married to Will Smith for 14 years and has two children – Jaden, 13, and 10-year-old Willow, with him – says spending time apart from her husband makes their relationship stronger.
“People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me,” she told Uptown. “It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”
Jada said that since becoming a mother, her children take priority.
“There was a time when all I had to worry about was myself,” she said. “I’d get offers to do things – to go to Bolivia for three months or go to Prague – and now it’s like, I can’t.
“It’s not about me anymore, it’s about me being there for my kids. And there’s no-one else I would leave that job to.”
The 39-year-old star also defended her and Will’s decision to let their children, who both have singing and acting careers, follow in their footsteps.
“There are so many other kids you can worry about,” she said. “My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- South African Girl in Chris Rock’s Family Here On ‘Visitor Visa’
- Woman Nearly Burned House Down Trying Something She Saw on Facebook
- Rapper Lil Boosie Says He Has Kidney Cancer
- Kim Zolciak Emotional in ‘DWTS’ Return Following Stroke
- Tracy Morgan Says God Spoke to Him After Crash: ‘I Went to the Other Side’
- Mariah Carey Celebrates Christmas, Talks Motherhood/Co-Parenting with Steve Harvey
- Ex Cowboys RB Joseph Randle Arrested at Kansas Casino
- Vain or Not? Diddy Stays Youthful With Wrinkle-Free Method (Watch)
- ‘Creed’s Ryan Coogler and Tessa Thompson Reveal Their Favorite ‘Rocky’ Film
- Court Denies Sherri Shepherd’s Appeal to Stop Child Support Payments
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here