*Jada Pinkett Smith believes whole-heartedly in the adage “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”
The actress, who has been married to Will Smith for 14 years and has two children – Jaden, 13, and 10-year-old Willow, with him – says spending time apart from her husband makes their relationship stronger.
“People think that Will and I don’t spend a lot of time together. Too much time, actually, if you ask me,” she told Uptown. “It’s always nice to have a little time apart. Sometimes you need that.”
Jada said that since becoming a mother, her children take priority.
“There was a time when all I had to worry about was myself,” she said. “I’d get offers to do things – to go to Bolivia for three months or go to Prague – and now it’s like, I can’t.
“It’s not about me anymore, it’s about me being there for my kids. And there’s no-one else I would leave that job to.”
The 39-year-old star also defended her and Will’s decision to let their children, who both have singing and acting careers, follow in their footsteps.
“There are so many other kids you can worry about,” she said. “My kids? They’re going to be all right. I get why people would criticize. But people need to know that Will and I would never put our children in a situation that would bring them detriment.”
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here