*Songstress Jill Scott recently revealed why she and her ex-husband split, saying one reason was over her cooking.
According to her interview with UK’s Guardian newspaper, her husband, DJ and graphic artist Lyzel Williams, would leave specially prepared food uneaten for days. After six years of wedded bliss, or just the opposite, the couple divorced in 2007.
“One of the reasons my ex-husband and I broke up is that he stopped eating my food. He was pissed (off) for other reasons, but the best way to show me was by leaving what I’d made for him uneaten for days on the kitchen counter. It was a smack in the face.”
After their breakup, Scott fell quickly in love with her drummer Lil John Roberts. They then announced their engagement and welcomed their first child, Jett Hamilton Roberts in 2009. However, the couple split shortly after that the same year.
Now single and doing her thing, Scott is busy promoting her latest album, “The Light of the Sun.”
- Lauryn Hill Performs Nina Simone’s ‘Feeling Good’ on ‘Fallon’ (Watch)
- Azealia Banks Shades Erykah Badu for Having Multiple Baby Daddies
- Teyonah Parris’ Hair Becomes Storyline for ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Season 2
- Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sued for Wooing, Then, Deserting Boxer
- Nick Gordon Begs Permission to Attend Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral
- Bobbi Kristina’s Fam Feuding Over Planned Sweet 16-Themed Funeral?
- Wilson, Seahawks Agee to 4-Year, $87.5 Million Contract Extension
- Neechy Gospel: John P. Kee to Release New Project LEVEL NEXT
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here