*It’s not unheard of for rappers to be outspoken.
At least some of the ones from the 80s and 90s. Well, Lupe Fiasco is not letting up on the foundation of Hip Hop. He’s speaking his mind without censorship or shame.
The Chicago native disapproves of President Obama. In fact, he called him a terrorist.
In an interview with CBS News’ “What’s Trending” he shared his views.
“In my fight against terrorism, to me, the biggest terrorist is Obama, in the United States of America,” Fiasco said. “For me, I’m trying to fight the terrorism that’s actually causing the other forms of terrorism. The root causes of the terrorism is the stuff that the U.S. government allows to happen and the foreign policies that we have in place in different countries that inspire people to become terrorists. And it’s easy for us because it’s really just some oil, which we can really get on our own.”
In the past, he acknowledged he does not vote and has not interest in getting involved with politics. He explained that he wants no part in the terrorist games the government plays. He doesn’t want blood on his hands.
In the meantime, the maturing artist recently spiked in popularity with his newest album, “Lasers.” It went from No. 60 to No. 25 since it’s release.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Will Smith Planning Political Run 'In The Near Future'
- Angie Stone Recalls the Time She Passed on Dating Idris Elba
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here