*Most of us know that our beloved LA Laker, Ron Artest has some psychological issues.
We know because you’ve observed him on the b-ball court overt the years and of course there was his shout out to his psychologist.
At any rate, the baller is going through a transformation. Are you ready? He’s changing his name from his government label from Ron Artest to … to … Metta World Peace!
And if you’re wondering, Metta is said to be a Buddhist term for the virtue of kindness.
Artest filed a petition to change his name with the L.A. Superior Court just the other day. But now, according to TMZ, he will have to wait until August before he can officially call himself by his proposed new name – Mr. Metta World Peace – because that’s the earliest he can get in front of a judge.
As of now, the Lakers forward has a hearing scheduled for August 26 to make it legal, but check this out. According to the documents, anyone wishing to challenge Artest’s name selection can object in writing up until two days before the hearing.
Hopefully some mischief maker won’t get any crazy ideas and … well, you know. Soooooo when it’s official, he even plans to put his new last name, “Peace,” on his jersey.
Hey, if Ron Ron likes it, we like it.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here