*During an appearance on “Late Show with David Letterman” Thursday, Samuel L. Jackson gave folks a sample of his narration featured in the audiobook version of the bestselling “kids” book “Go the (Bleep) to Sleep.”
The book includes such lines as “The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest, and the creatures who crawl, run and creep. I know you’re not thirsty. That’s [bleep]. Stop lying. Lie the [bleep] down, my darling, and sleep.”
“Go the F–k to Sleep” started out as a joke in a Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
It debuted this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books. A G-rated version of the book also is in the works, according to Johnny Temple, the owner and publisher of Akashic Books.
Watch Samuel L. read a passage below.
- Will Packer Marries Longtime Love in Surprise Atlanta Wedding
- Phoenix Mother Allegedly Drowns Twin Boys Because 'No One Loved Them'
- How ABC Wooed Tyra Banks Back Into Daytime with 'FABLife'
- Amber Rose, Blac Chyna Twerk in Uber En Route to VMAs (Watch)
- Trick Daddy Files for Bankruptcy Amid Child Support Bills
- MTV Wants Kanye West to Host 2016 Video Music Awards (Report)
- Iowa Poll: Ben Carson Suddenly In a Tie With Donald Trump
- DC’s NFL Team: RG3 Demoted; DeSean Jackson Pisses Off Women
- Hulk Hogan Says He Was Suicidal Over N-Word Scandal: ‘I'm Not A Racist’ (Watch)
- Producers of Katrina Relief Telethon Reflect on 'Kanye Moment' for 10th Anniversary
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here