*During an appearance on “Late Show with David Letterman” Thursday, Samuel L. Jackson gave folks a sample of his narration featured in the audiobook version of the bestselling “kids” book “Go the (Bleep) to Sleep.”
The book includes such lines as “The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest, and the creatures who crawl, run and creep. I know you’re not thirsty. That’s [bleep]. Stop lying. Lie the [bleep] down, my darling, and sleep.”
“Go the F–k to Sleep” started out as a joke in a Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
It debuted this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books. A G-rated version of the book also is in the works, according to Johnny Temple, the owner and publisher of Akashic Books.
Watch Samuel L. read a passage below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Mystery Collector Buys Wu-Tang's Album for Millions / Usher's #Eggplant Confession
- The Rise, Fall and Legacy of Berry Gordy's Motown Returns to Broadway
- Kobe Bryant Announces Retirement Via Poem: 'Dear Basketball'
- Holly Holm Asks Beyoncé ‘What’s Your Name?’ in Awkward Vegas Moment
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here