*During an appearance on “Late Show with David Letterman” Thursday, Samuel L. Jackson gave folks a sample of his narration featured in the audiobook version of the bestselling “kids” book “Go the (Bleep) to Sleep.”
The book includes such lines as “The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest, and the creatures who crawl, run and creep. I know you’re not thirsty. That’s [bleep]. Stop lying. Lie the [bleep] down, my darling, and sleep.”
“Go the F–k to Sleep” started out as a joke in a Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
It debuted this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books. A G-rated version of the book also is in the works, according to Johnny Temple, the owner and publisher of Akashic Books.
Watch Samuel L. read a passage below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- VIDEO: Who will President Obama Pick to Replace Justice Scalia?
- Toni Braxton Confirms 'Love, Marriage & Divorce Part 2' with Babyface
- Jaden Smith Flaunts New Tesla X, That's Not Even Available Yet
- Obama Informs Republicans He WILL Nominate Scalia's Replacement
- Hip-Hop Met Fats Waller in LA!
- Michael Jordan's Rep Responds to 'Crying Jordan' Memes
- Supreme Court Associate Justice Antonin Scalia Found Dead
- Steph, Ayesha & Michelle Have Fun with 'Banana' Song (WATCH)
- TV Review: The Black Panthers Van Guard of the Revolution
- Wendy Williams Blasts Ciara Over $15 Million Future Lawsuit
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here