*During an appearance on “Late Show with David Letterman” Thursday, Samuel L. Jackson gave folks a sample of his narration featured in the audiobook version of the bestselling “kids” book “Go the (Bleep) to Sleep.”
The book includes such lines as “The eagles who soar through the sky are at rest, and the creatures who crawl, run and creep. I know you’re not thirsty. That’s [bleep]. Stop lying. Lie the [bleep] down, my darling, and sleep.”
“Go the F–k to Sleep” started out as a joke in a Facebook post by author Adam Mansbach when he could not get his daughter to fall asleep. His friends loved the fake title so much he decided to turn it into a real nursery rhyme-style book with illustrations by his friend Ricardo Cortes.
It debuted this week at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list for advice books. A G-rated version of the book also is in the works, according to Johnny Temple, the owner and publisher of Akashic Books.
Watch Samuel L. read a passage below.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- The Legend Continues Mathew Knowles, Beyonce' & Blue Ivy
- Gabby Douglas Hits The Gym For More Than 30 Hours Each Week
- Three White Athletes Charged with Alleged Rape of Black, Disabled Teammate
- Ahmad Rashad Gets Married For Fifth Time
- Mary J. Blige Joins Jason Mitchell in Dee Rees Film ‘Mudbound’
- 2 Cops in Freddie Gray Case File Defamation Suit Against Marilyn Mosby
- Report: Whoopi Goldberg Signs $2.5M, 1-Yr Deal With ‘The View’
- Spike Lee’s ESPN Mini Docs ‘Lil’ Joints’ Return on 5/31 (View Titles and Schedule)
- Lifetime to Air Uzo Aduba, Cicely Tyson Film ‘Showing Roots’ on Sat, May 26 (Trailer)
- ‘Empire’ Finishes No 1 in Black Households, Social Media and Other Key Demos
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here