*Actor Anthony Mackie, best known for his work in “The Hurt Locker” and “Notorious” and “8 Mile,” looked to the Broadway stage, literally, when it was time to start construction on his bar in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn.
The Hollywood star, who is also a trained carpenter, opened NoBar earlier this month in Brooklyn – mostly with his own hands using wood from discarded Broadway theatre sets.
“A lot of times when Broadway shows close, they just rip stuff up,” he tells the New York Post. “If you can find out when shows are closing, you can get good wood out of the dumpsters. It’s funny what you can find.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Kardashians Call Depiction in ‘People v. OJ’ Ep 2 ‘Ridiculous’
- Drama at ‘Fashion Police’ Between NeNe and Giuliana?
- Claudia Jordan, Jennifer Williams: Shots Fired Hours Before ‘The Next 15’ Premiere
- Ciara Cheered, Russell Wilson Booed at Knicks Game
- BET Names Brie Miranda Bryant SVP of Unscripted Programming
- Marcus Anderson Cast in John Ridley Drama Pilot ‘Presence’
- Black Paranormal Investigators ‘Ghost Brothers’ Set at Destination America
- Future Calls BS on Ciara’s $15M Defamation Lawsuit
- Idris Elba Splits With Naiyana Garth After Night With Naomi Campbell (Report)
- Black Sheriff Gets KKK Vibe From Beyoncé's Super Bowl Halftime Performance
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here