*Actor Anthony Mackie, best known for his work in “The Hurt Locker” and “Notorious” and “8 Mile,” looked to the Broadway stage, literally, when it was time to start construction on his bar in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn.
The Hollywood star, who is also a trained carpenter, opened NoBar earlier this month in Brooklyn – mostly with his own hands using wood from discarded Broadway theatre sets.
“A lot of times when Broadway shows close, they just rip stuff up,” he tells the New York Post. “If you can find out when shows are closing, you can get good wood out of the dumpsters. It’s funny what you can find.”
- ‘Being Mary Jane’ Season 3 to Feature Loretta Devine and Jill Scott (WATCH)
- Teen About to Start College, Accidentally Kills Himself Taking Selfie (Watch)
- Serena Highlighted with Inspirational Commercial and Mural (WATCH)
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here