*Actor Anthony Mackie, best known for his work in “The Hurt Locker” and “Notorious” and “8 Mile,” looked to the Broadway stage, literally, when it was time to start construction on his bar in the Crown Heights section of Brooklyn.
The Hollywood star, who is also a trained carpenter, opened NoBar earlier this month in Brooklyn – mostly with his own hands using wood from discarded Broadway theatre sets.
“A lot of times when Broadway shows close, they just rip stuff up,” he tells the New York Post. “If you can find out when shows are closing, you can get good wood out of the dumpsters. It’s funny what you can find.”
- The Socialist's Journal: The Value of Lives (Cecil the Lion)
- Min. Paul Scott/Straight Outta Con Man: Exposin’ the Truth About NWA
- 'Straight Outta Compton' Cast Talks' Straight Outta Compton' (Watch)
- Karen Clark Sheard Drops Highly Anticipated New Release 'Destined to Win'
- THE (08-04-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Raynette Turner's Death Leads to Probe by State Appointed Special Prosecutor
- Snoop Dogg Has Over $200K Seized at Italian Airport
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’: The Most Important Film of the Year
- Bobbi Kristina and Whitney: Reunited in Death; Buried Side by Side
- Will Smith Makes it Clear: 'Jada and I are NOT GETTING A DIVORCE!'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here