*Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain recorded a gospel album in 1996 that has just been released on the Internet courtesy of DraftCain.org, an independent group not affiliated with the campaign.
According to Cain’s campaign, the CD was originally released by GLC Music, Selah Sound Production and Melodic Praise Records, according to Atlanta’s 11 Alive.
The 13-track gospel recording was posted about a month ago by Maurice Atkinson, the founder of DraftCain.org.
“It shows a whole different side of a person, their interests, and I thought it had some value, so I put it up on line,” Atkinson told the NBC affiliate. “He’s got an incredible voice, you know. People hear about his speaking skills and his intellect; he’s got some pretty good pipes in there.”
The CD includes such tracks as “Lord’s Prayer,” “I Must Tell Jesus,” “Hallelujah Square” and “Precious Lord.”
The track “This Is The Day,” was used by Cain as the musical intro for his radio show.
[Scroll down to listen.]
His Communications Director Ellen Carmichael said the campaign had nothing to do with the album’s release.
“Our campaign never had an intention of promoting the music, as it is unaffiliated with our efforts to elect him president,” Carmichael said.
Carmichael says Cain organized Gospel music concerts in the 1990s while he was running Godfather’s Pizza, which is based in Omaha, Nebraska. She says the concerts were with mixed choirs from African American and white congregations to try to bring unity to the community. Proceeds from four years worth of concerts and some from the CD went to the Edmonson Youth Outreach Center in Omaha. Cain is still on the board of directors.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- EUR on the Scene: 'The Wiz Live!' [WATCH]
- Yaya DaCosta Files for Divorce After Two Years of Marriage
- Dennis Rodman Sued for Stiffing Company Out of $28k
- Christopher 'Play' Martin to Speak at Suny-Oneonta Monday Nov. 30
- A 'Broke' 50 Cent Flaunts Stacks of Cash in Fridge (WATCH)
- Here’s why the Alleged Planned Parenthood Killer Isn’t called a Domestic Terrorist
- Pilar Sanders Will Have to Pay Deion Sanders $2.2M and Go Back to Jail
- Police Erased Video of Laquan McDonald Shooting: Burger King Manager
- Phaedra Blogs Support for Cynthia and Peter During Marital Drama
- Tyra Banks Not Feuding with Chrissy Teigen, Chooses Beauty Brand Over 'FABLife'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here