*Former Louisiana lawmaker and Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke is said to be flirting with a 2012 presidential run.
The Daily Beast, in its article White Supremacist Stampede, says Duke is launching a 25-city tour this month “to explore how much support he can garner for a potential presidential bid.”
Duke, a former grand wizard of the Klan in Louisiana, ran for president as a Republican in 1992 and as a Democrat in 1988. He has also made unsuccessful bids for Louisiana governor and Congress.
Duke’s website promotes his views and contains posts such as a piece on “government-mandated racism against whites” and a doctored photo of President Obama wearing an outlandish hat and mustache.
Duke, 61, served in the Louisiana House from 1990 to 1992 as a Republican. In a high-profile 1991 race that garnered some national attention, Duke beat then-governor Buddy Roemer in a GOP primary for the party’s nomination. Duke lost the governor’s race to Democrat Edwin Edwards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Serena Williams Confesses She Was Sore After Twerking For Beyonce
- 'Natural' Black Bride Goes Viral - The Game Taunts Chris Brown
- Óscar Jaenada Says 'The Shallows' Set to 'Become A Classic’ [EUR Exclusive]
- Miramax Acquires Whitney Doc, Johnnie Cochran Film Finds Director
- Fewer Sex Partners Leads To Divorce, Nick Young & Iggy Azalea 'Split' | BHL's This Week (WATCH)
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here