*Former Louisiana lawmaker and Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke is said to be flirting with a 2012 presidential run.
The Daily Beast, in its article White Supremacist Stampede, says Duke is launching a 25-city tour this month “to explore how much support he can garner for a potential presidential bid.”
Duke, a former grand wizard of the Klan in Louisiana, ran for president as a Republican in 1992 and as a Democrat in 1988. He has also made unsuccessful bids for Louisiana governor and Congress.
Duke’s website promotes his views and contains posts such as a piece on “government-mandated racism against whites” and a doctored photo of President Obama wearing an outlandish hat and mustache.
Duke, 61, served in the Louisiana House from 1990 to 1992 as a Republican. In a high-profile 1991 race that garnered some national attention, Duke beat then-governor Buddy Roemer in a GOP primary for the party’s nomination. Duke lost the governor’s race to Democrat Edwin Edwards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Wants 'Beats and Rhymes' Tour with Snoop, Eminem, Kendrick
- Lamar Odom Found Unconscious at Nevada Brothel; Doesn't Look Good: Report
- Najee Alli, NAN Pressure USC to Consider Hiring Black Coach
- [Watch] Teaser Trailer for Jesse Owens Biopic 'Race'
- Danny Sapani Plays ‘Berber the Moor’ in FX’s Drama 'Bastard Executioner'
- Tamera Mowry-Housely Has 'Goosebumps!' (Photos)
- Chris Bosh and Wife Adrienne Expecting Twins
- President Obama Crashes Wedding at San Diego Golf Course (Watch)
- Taraji P. Henson Slays November Cover of Essence
- Suge Knight Sneaks Birthday Message to Son During Court (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here