*Former Louisiana lawmaker and Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke is said to be flirting with a 2012 presidential run.
The Daily Beast, in its article White Supremacist Stampede, says Duke is launching a 25-city tour this month “to explore how much support he can garner for a potential presidential bid.”
Duke, a former grand wizard of the Klan in Louisiana, ran for president as a Republican in 1992 and as a Democrat in 1988. He has also made unsuccessful bids for Louisiana governor and Congress.
Duke’s website promotes his views and contains posts such as a piece on “government-mandated racism against whites” and a doctored photo of President Obama wearing an outlandish hat and mustache.
Duke, 61, served in the Louisiana House from 1990 to 1992 as a Republican. In a high-profile 1991 race that garnered some national attention, Duke beat then-governor Buddy Roemer in a GOP primary for the party’s nomination. Duke lost the governor’s race to Democrat Edwin Edwards.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Janet Jackson’s Trainer Reveals How to Get Her Famous Abs
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here