*Former Louisiana lawmaker and Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke is said to be flirting with a 2012 presidential run.
The Daily Beast, in its article White Supremacist Stampede, says Duke is launching a 25-city tour this month “to explore how much support he can garner for a potential presidential bid.”
Duke, a former grand wizard of the Klan in Louisiana, ran for president as a Republican in 1992 and as a Democrat in 1988. He has also made unsuccessful bids for Louisiana governor and Congress.
Duke’s website promotes his views and contains posts such as a piece on “government-mandated racism against whites” and a doctored photo of President Obama wearing an outlandish hat and mustache.
Duke, 61, served in the Louisiana House from 1990 to 1992 as a Republican. In a high-profile 1991 race that garnered some national attention, Duke beat then-governor Buddy Roemer in a GOP primary for the party’s nomination. Duke lost the governor’s race to Democrat Edwin Edwards.
- The Second Deadly Assault on Sandra Bland
- Troubling: Two Officers Corroborated Killer Cop's False Account of DuBose Killing
- Audio Interview: Basketball and Art Unite to Inspire Youth Life Skills (Listen)
- Your MISSION: Laser Tag
- Kim Kimble, Celebrity Hairstylist Panelists at Natural Hair & Lifestyle Expo~Aug 1&2@The Reef
- THE (07-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Black Comedienne to Compete on New Season of 'Last Comic Standing' (WATCH)
- Brittney Griner Rebounds with Beauty Named Lola
- Jill Scott On Bill Cosby, 'Being a Beloved Black Man Is Dangerous
- Ja Rule Ready to Show Different Side in MTV Family Docuseries 'Follow the Rules'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here