*A&E has announced that its freshman drama, “Breakout Kings,” is returning for a second season.
Laz Alonso stars in the show that follows a team of U.S. Marshals who make a special deal with several current prisoners in order to catch escaped convicts. Their sentences will be reduced by one month for each fugitive they bring in, but if any of them attempts to flee, they will all be returned to their original prisons, and their sentences will be doubled.
Earlier this year, the show drew strong ratings after its premiere, which attracted 2.8 million total viewers, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Fans can expect ten episodes and Season 2 will go into production later this year. A premiere date is likely in the first quarter.
The series also stars Domenick Lombardozzi, Jimmi Simpson, Malcolm Goodwin, Serinda Swan and Brooke Nevin.
- Kelly Rowland Joins 'Empire,' Talks Losing 50lbs of Baby Weight
- tWitch on Returning to ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ as a Mentor
- Wal-Mart's New 24-Hour Neighborhood Markets Pose a Scare for Trader Joe's and Others
- Bill Cosby Admitted in 2005 to Drugging Woman with Quaaludes (Report)
- Happy 116th Birthday to World’s Oldest, Susannah Mushatt Jones (Video)
- Aretha Franklin Thanks Illinois for Helping Her after Bus Broke Down
- South Carolina Senate Votes to Remove Confederate Flag from Statehouse
- Russell Wilson, Ciara Practicing Abstinence: ‘I Need You to Pray for Us’ (Watch)
- Michael K. Williams Joins ‘Ghostbusters’ All-Female Remake
- Tami Roman Says Shaunie O’Neal Will ‘Pop Off’ on ‘BBWLA’ This Season (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here