*The ABC drama “Castle” has a new woman in charge.
Former “24” and “The Larry Sanders Show” star Penny Johnson Jerald will join the cast as the new captain of the 12th Precinct, TVGuide.com is reporting.
Jerald will play Victoria Gates, a career-minded cop who spent much of her early career in Internal Affairs. She will initially be more interested in getting noticed by her superiors and climbing the NYPD’s ranks than doing any real police work.
Johnson’s casting follows the explosive Season 3 finale, during which former Capt. Roy Montgomery (Ruben Santiago-Hudson) was revealed to be one of the cops involved in a mob kidnapping that ultimately led to the murder of Beckett’s mother. Montgomery then gave his own life to take down a hit man who was trying to keep Beckett from investigating any further.
Johnson is perhaps best known for her work as Sherry Palmer, the ruthless ex-wife of Dennis Haysbert’s President David Palmer on “24.” She also starred on HBO’s “The Larry Sanders Show” as Larry’s personal assistant Betsy Barnes and has recurred on such series as “Star Trek: Deep Space Nine,” “ER,” “October Road” and “NCIS.”
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Beverly Johnson: 'The Face That Changed It All' - EUR BOOK REVIEW
- Janelle Monáe & Wondaland Records Artists ‘Speak Up’ on #BlackLivesMatter
- #BlackLivesMatter Critic Peggy Hubbard Tells Activists to 'Bite Me'
- The Weeknd Covers Beyonce at Billboard Hot 100 Festival [Watch]
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here