*Instead of singer Miguel sharing a tune or two on New York City’s Power 105.1’s Breakfast Club fans Wednesday morning, the station took a shot at his sexuality in a spoof.
His No.2 hit song, “Sure Thing,” was played with some new lyrics.
“You can bet that, you don’t have to sweat that” was replaced with, “You can bet that, Miguel wants your butt crack,” which was then followed by a voice asserting “n—- you’re gay.”
Although the singer says he loves women, there are still some questions out there.
And of course the LGBT civil rights organization The Human Rights Campaign condemned the station’s remarks.
“There’s nothing humorous about homophobia,” said Deputy Press Secretary Paul Guequierre. “When young people who might be struggling with their identity listen to the radio, they shouldn’t hear a dangerous message of hate. Radio stations have a responsibility instead to send a message that embraces everyone for who they are
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ringside Update / A Triple Boxing Championship Weekend
- Soulja Boy Exaggerated $400M Payday from World Poker Fund
- Skai Jackson On Being Meme Worthy and Beef with Azealia Banks
- Loni Love Addresses Tamar Braxton Firing in New Video (Watch)
- Mariah Carey Re-Ups with Hallmark Channel for 3 More Films
- Oprah Advised Paul McCartney Against Kanye West Duet Over N-Word
- New Leadership at BET's ‘Being Mary Jane’: Will Packer Replaces EP Mara Brock Akil
- ‘The Real’: Loni Love, Jeannie Mai Show Love to Former Co-host Tamar Braxton
- Black Male Valedictorian, Straight A Student, Barred from Walking Grad Stage
- Two Prince Estate Claimants Object to Required DNA Test
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here