*Instead of singer Miguel sharing a tune or two on New York City’s Power 105.1’s Breakfast Club fans Wednesday morning, the station took a shot at his sexuality in a spoof.
His No.2 hit song, “Sure Thing,” was played with some new lyrics.
“You can bet that, you don’t have to sweat that” was replaced with, “You can bet that, Miguel wants your butt crack,” which was then followed by a voice asserting “n—- you’re gay.”
Although the singer says he loves women, there are still some questions out there.
And of course the LGBT civil rights organization The Human Rights Campaign condemned the station’s remarks.
“There’s nothing humorous about homophobia,” said Deputy Press Secretary Paul Guequierre. “When young people who might be struggling with their identity listen to the radio, they shouldn’t hear a dangerous message of hate. Radio stations have a responsibility instead to send a message that embraces everyone for who they are
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 3 Things to Do NOW to Transform Your Life (WATCH)
- The Kobie Chronicles: 'Red, White & Baltimore' Premiere As Freddie Gray Trials Commence
- Lamar Odom's Lucky Break: Prosecution for Cocaine Possession Unlikely
- Why?! Well Known Black Ministers Set to Meet With Trump
- Movie Watch: Big Weekend for Creed, The Good Dinosaur, Victor Frankenstein
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Walt Disney’s 'The Good Dinosaur' is a Story of a Bond of Two Unlikely Friends
- Naughty by Nature Hitting the Road to Celebrate 25th Anniversary
- EURweb Covers the 'Creed' Movie Premiere (WATCH)
- Jasmyne Cannick: Before Cops Encourage the Public to Snitch Maybe They Should Lead By Example (VIDEO)
- Taye Diggs on ‘Rosewood’ Gig: ‘I Knew It Was Going to Be Fun’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here