*Today, President Obama pretty much said any short-term solutions to the debt limit won’t get it done, as Republicans and Democrats prepare to meet just weeks before the country defaults.
“If not now, when?” Obama asked at a press conference. “Pull off the Band-Aid,” he said. “Eat our peas.”
It’s looking like a deal is going to exceptionally hard to pull off as Democrats are refusing to touch entitlements, and Republicans are resisting raising revenues.
House Speaker John Boehner, who is scheduled to meet with Obama and congressional leaders this afternoon, said Saturday that Republicans would not support the larger deficit-cutting plan Obama proposed because it included tax increases.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Must See! Tracee Ellis Ross Sings with Mom Diana in 'Vegas (WATCH)
- Watch: Mr. 'N*ggers Gotta Learn How to Read' Resigns Police Chief Gig (After Only One week!)
- NYC Cabbie: Roker Snub a ‘Misunderstanding’; Peele & Peretti Get Engaged
- Black Pastors Dispute Donald Trump’s Endorsement Claim for Meeting
- How the #BLM Movement Stays Alive & Effective Outside Spotlight
- THE (11-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- 'Carol' Explores Lesbian Love in the 50s
- Uzo Aduba: 'Bigger, Higher and Braver,' Thanks to Queen Latifah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here