*Today, President Obama pretty much said any short-term solutions to the debt limit won’t get it done, as Republicans and Democrats prepare to meet just weeks before the country defaults.
“If not now, when?” Obama asked at a press conference. “Pull off the Band-Aid,” he said. “Eat our peas.”
It’s looking like a deal is going to exceptionally hard to pull off as Democrats are refusing to touch entitlements, and Republicans are resisting raising revenues.
House Speaker John Boehner, who is scheduled to meet with Obama and congressional leaders this afternoon, said Saturday that Republicans would not support the larger deficit-cutting plan Obama proposed because it included tax increases.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Here’s How the Man Murdoch Calls a 'Real Black President' Will Govern
- Karrueche Says Career Suffering Because Of Chris Brown
- Nicki Minaj Ends Interview After 'Rude' Questions About Drake, Meek Mill
- Fox Orders 3 More Episodes of Morris Chestnut’s ‘Rosewood’
- Rupert Murdock...Seriously? You're Going to Define Whose 'Really Black'
- Jennifer Hudson Opens Up About Murder of Family Members
- #BlackTwitter Comes for Piers Morgan Over ‘I Love My Whiteness’
- Matt Barnes: I Was Checking On My Kids, Not Confronting Derek Fisher
- Ben Carson Now Blaming the Holocaust on Gun Control (Watch)
- Done Deal: F. Gary Gray Confirmed to Direct ‘Fast & Furious 8’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here