*Today, President Obama pretty much said any short-term solutions to the debt limit won’t get it done, as Republicans and Democrats prepare to meet just weeks before the country defaults.
“If not now, when?” Obama asked at a press conference. “Pull off the Band-Aid,” he said. “Eat our peas.”
It’s looking like a deal is going to exceptionally hard to pull off as Democrats are refusing to touch entitlements, and Republicans are resisting raising revenues.
House Speaker John Boehner, who is scheduled to meet with Obama and congressional leaders this afternoon, said Saturday that Republicans would not support the larger deficit-cutting plan Obama proposed because it included tax increases.
- Trump Casino Worker: Blacks Hidden When the Donald Visited
- Fox News' Megyn Kelly Goes in on #BlackLivesMatter Supporter (WATCH)
- People of Note: Jazz at Lincoln Center Opens their 28th Season in the Bronx
- The Great American Phone Lease...
- THE (09-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kim Coles' Fairytale Wedding Set to Air on WEtv
- Brooklyn Woman Accepts Meager $10K for Cops' Harassment Over Dead Husband
- Tomica Wright Talks Eazy-E's Legacy in Unreleased Documentary
- Reginald Hudlin, David Hill Tapped to Give 88th Oscars a Makeover
- Will Master P’s Ex-Wife Drama Be Included in Reality Show?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here