*Today, President Obama pretty much said any short-term solutions to the debt limit won’t get it done, as Republicans and Democrats prepare to meet just weeks before the country defaults.
“If not now, when?” Obama asked at a press conference. “Pull off the Band-Aid,” he said. “Eat our peas.”
It’s looking like a deal is going to exceptionally hard to pull off as Democrats are refusing to touch entitlements, and Republicans are resisting raising revenues.
House Speaker John Boehner, who is scheduled to meet with Obama and congressional leaders this afternoon, said Saturday that Republicans would not support the larger deficit-cutting plan Obama proposed because it included tax increases.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Bobby Shmurda to Sue NYPD Over False Arrest & Gun Charges
- Thanks to Stephen Curry, NBA To See Record Playoff Viewers
- Moya Angela: Dreamgirls' 'Effie' Speaks Exclusively to EURweb
- Aretha Franklin Covers 'Purple Rain' at International Jazz Day (WATCH)
- New Woman Claims She’s Prince’s Long-Lost Half Sister; Seeks Piece of Estate
- Donald Trump Mocks Carly Fiorina’s Stage Fall: ‘Anybody See That? She Went Down’
- Malia Obama Takes One-Year Deferment Prior to Harvard Start
- Prince Talks Michael Jackson's Death, Chris Brown in Never-Published 2014 Rolling Stone Interview
- Dixie Chicks Cover Beyonce’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Despite Song's Nashville Backlash (Watch)
- Prince’s Siblings Attend Packed Hearing; Judge Appoints Special Administrator
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here