*Today, President Obama pretty much said any short-term solutions to the debt limit won’t get it done, as Republicans and Democrats prepare to meet just weeks before the country defaults.
“If not now, when?” Obama asked at a press conference. “Pull off the Band-Aid,” he said. “Eat our peas.”
It’s looking like a deal is going to exceptionally hard to pull off as Democrats are refusing to touch entitlements, and Republicans are resisting raising revenues.
House Speaker John Boehner, who is scheduled to meet with Obama and congressional leaders this afternoon, said Saturday that Republicans would not support the larger deficit-cutting plan Obama proposed because it included tax increases.
- Aretha Franklin: The Queen Rules L.A. - Review by Miki Turner
- The Weeknd Close to Reaching Plea Deal in Cop Hitting Case
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here