*Verizon Wireless supports community efforts and those that are in partnership with their outreach initiatives.
One such project is the HopeLine cell phone recycling and re-use program, which was started in 2001. Consumers are invited to bring old cell phones and accessories and put them in a donation bin inside Verizon stores or mail them in.
Cameka Crawford is Manager of Multi-Cultural Communications and Community Relations for Verizon Wireless. She explains how Verizon’s HopeLine turns no longer used cell phones into much needed resources for domestic violence agencies.
“The great thing is that we take them from any service provider and in any condition. We refurbish, recycle and turn them into support.”
So far 319 million free minutes on over 106,000 refurbished phones have been donated to shelters and agencies around the country. Statistics reveal that 1 In 4 women, 1 in 9 men and 3 million children have been affected by domestic violence. Last year Verizon Wireless donated over $2.1 million in cash grants provided to nearly 450 domestic violence prevention and awareness organizations.
Ms. Crawford has been with Verizon Wireless for seven years. For her, growing with a company like this is beneficial personally and professionally.
“The great thing about Verizon for me is that the company values are in line with my own.”
Ms. Crawford is quick to state the sincerity behind Verizon’s long term corporate responsibility.
“Ending Domestic Violence is something that Verizon has been passionate about for more than ten years.” Crawford continues: “At the end of the day we’re really making a difference through programs like HopeLine and other multi-cultural programs such as How Sweet The Sound, My Family Affair and My Fabulous Quince.”
Verizon Wireless is headed by CEO Dan Mead. Among the other list of stellar executives are Senior Vice President Verizon Corporate Communications, Monica Azare and Vice President Verizon Wireless Wholesale Development and Operations, Tony Lewis. To find out how to donate a phone or for more info on HopeLine, visit www.verizonwireless.com/hopeline.
Click here if you have a phone you would like to donate by mail: http://www.verizonwireless.com/hopelinemailinglabe
Click here to view: Verizon Wireless HopeLine donation campaign details
About Verizon Wireless
Verizon Wireless operates the nation’s fastest and most advanced 4G network and largest and most reliable 3G network, and serves more than 94 million customers. Headquartered in Basking Ridge, N.J., with 82,000 employees nationwide, Verizon Wireless is a joint venture of Verizon Communications (NYSE, Nasdaq: VZ) and Vodafone (LSE, Nasdaq: VOD). For more information, visit www.verizonwireless.com. #EMFJUNKET11
- THE (08-31-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Kanye to Run for President, Revisits Taylor Swift Hijack (WATCH)
- Snoop Dogg Reinterpreted As European Noblemen [LOOK!]
- Watch: Today You Wouldn't Recognize the Little Boy from 'Katrina' (Hint: He's Now a Grown ... Woman!)
- The Soul of the U.S. Open: Serena Williams' Quest; Tournament Preview
- Tiffany Pollard and Her Mother Set to Appear on VH1’s 'Family Therapy'
- Trevor Noah Teases ‘The Daily Show’ Takeover [WATCH]
- Caitlyn Jenner Adult Unisex Costume Timely for Halloween, But LGBT Community Not Amused
- NeNe Leakes Confirms Hosting Gig on ‘Fashion Police’
- FDA Clears the Way for 'The Little Pink Pill' Viagra for Women!
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here