*It looks like Soulja Boy snookered TMZ (and us, too) with its recent report that he was buying a $55 million G5 jet for his 21st birthday on Thursday. Reuters is reporting that it’s not true. Here’s what The Buzz blog at AJC.com is reporting:
It appears widely circulated media reports indicating the young rapper had taken to the friendly skies were something of a publicity stunt.
The source of the prank seems to be: Soulja Boy.
TMZ has the latest. Their report notes that the rapper went on the radio and told the interviewer he was in a “G5″ state of mind – and did not contradict the story about his swank new ride.
TMZ doesn’t sound too happy about being punked, either.
“When our reporter spoke with Soulja earlier this week — and asked him directly, he responded, “Hell yeah … I bought it.”
Say what you will about this gossip site but they’re usually accurate. They were the first to report Michael Jackson’s death, remember.
Meanwhile, radar online is reporting Soulja Boy owes $26,000 in back taxes to the state of California. We hope they got that right.
- Fantasia Reunites With Husband, Faces Tax Lien
- NAACP President Compares Bree Newsome to Rosa Parks
- Doctors Warn of Health Risks from Wearing Skinny Jeans
- Eva Longoria to Donald Trump: ‘You Must Expect a Backlash’ (Watch)
- Warrant Issued for Florida State QB De’Andre Johnson
- K. Michelle Comes for SWV’s Coko; Tamar Gets Memed Over BET Performance
- Kirk Frost of 'L&HHA' Arrested at Dirt Bike Rally
- ‘BET Awards’ Ratings Down From Chris Rock-Hosted 2014 Ceremony
- Cheryl Burke Quits as Miss USA Co-Host Over Trump’s Comments
- Lester Holt Tops Ratings in 1st Week as Official ‘Nightly News’ Anchor
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here