*It looks like Soulja Boy snookered TMZ (and us, too) with its recent report that he was buying a $55 million G5 jet for his 21st birthday on Thursday. Reuters is reporting that it’s not true. Here’s what The Buzz blog at AJC.com is reporting:
It appears widely circulated media reports indicating the young rapper had taken to the friendly skies were something of a publicity stunt.
The source of the prank seems to be: Soulja Boy.
TMZ has the latest. Their report notes that the rapper went on the radio and told the interviewer he was in a “G5″ state of mind – and did not contradict the story about his swank new ride.
TMZ doesn’t sound too happy about being punked, either.
“When our reporter spoke with Soulja earlier this week — and asked him directly, he responded, “Hell yeah … I bought it.”
Say what you will about this gossip site but they’re usually accurate. They were the first to report Michael Jackson’s death, remember.
Meanwhile, radar online is reporting Soulja Boy owes $26,000 in back taxes to the state of California. We hope they got that right.
- Boy, 8, Youngest to Receive Successful Double Hand Transplant (Watch)
- Woman in China Pushes Child to Safety Before Falling to Her Death on Escalator (Video)
- Future Scores First No. 1 Album with ‘DS2’; Tyrese's 'Black Rose' No. 3
- Sherri Shepherd Returning to 'The View' as Contributor
- Drake Claps Back at Meek Mill in ‘Back to Back’ (Listen)
- Tyler Perry ‘Keeping the Peace' Between Houston, Brown Families
- WATCH: 'Mega Fest of the West' takes overs Long Beach with Celebs & Gospel Artists!
- Raven-Symone Says Caitlyn Jenner’s Moving ‘Too Fast, Too Soon’
- Mary J. Blige, Queen Latifah Join NBC’s ‘The Wiz Live!’
- Josh Smith Says Making $6.9 Million will be A Hardship for Him (VIDEO)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here