*Mia Amber Davis officially died from a blood clot in her lungs, according to a new ruling from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, which issued an updated death certificate nearly two months after an autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on the actress and plus size model.
Chief Assistant Coroner Ed Winter tells E! News that Davis suffered a “pulmonary thrombo-embolism,” a blockage that occurs in one of the main arteries in the lungs.
The pathologist also noted that while a routine knee procedure Davis underwent the day before was a significant condition contributing to her death, it wasn’t the “underlying cause.”
Davis’ husband, Michael Yard, could not be reached for comment. But he has previously disputed that finding, telling TMZ he believes the operation she had on her left knee caused the blood clot that killed his wife on May 10, since she never had issues with such clots in the past.
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here