*Mia Amber Davis officially died from a blood clot in her lungs, according to a new ruling from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, which issued an updated death certificate nearly two months after an autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on the actress and plus size model.
Chief Assistant Coroner Ed Winter tells E! News that Davis suffered a “pulmonary thrombo-embolism,” a blockage that occurs in one of the main arteries in the lungs.
The pathologist also noted that while a routine knee procedure Davis underwent the day before was a significant condition contributing to her death, it wasn’t the “underlying cause.”
Davis’ husband, Michael Yard, could not be reached for comment. But he has previously disputed that finding, telling TMZ he believes the operation she had on her left knee caused the blood clot that killed his wife on May 10, since she never had issues with such clots in the past.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-30-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Blac Chyna and Rob K Stand to Make $1 Million for Bay Pics
- Beyoncé Earns Big for Tidal, Superjam 2016 Lineup Announced
- Monica Updates Fans On Marriage Status, Praises Husband
- Endangered Gorilla Killed After 4-Yr-Old Boy Enters Habitat (WATCH Dramatic Video)
- Keke Palmer Denies Joining 'The Real' - Tamar in Tears Over Firing (WATCH)
- 'Presenting Princess Shaw' Film Review + Trailer [WATCH]
- Motown Gospel Presents 1 Mic 1 Take [email protected] Studios
- Khloe Kardashian Doesn't Believe in Divorce, Still Getting One Anyway
- Ex-Cop Sues NYPD for $100M Over Abusive Boss & Former Lover
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here