*Mia Amber Davis officially died from a blood clot in her lungs, according to a new ruling from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, which issued an updated death certificate nearly two months after an autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on the actress and plus size model.
Chief Assistant Coroner Ed Winter tells E! News that Davis suffered a “pulmonary thrombo-embolism,” a blockage that occurs in one of the main arteries in the lungs.
The pathologist also noted that while a routine knee procedure Davis underwent the day before was a significant condition contributing to her death, it wasn’t the “underlying cause.”
Davis’ husband, Michael Yard, could not be reached for comment. But he has previously disputed that finding, telling TMZ he believes the operation she had on her left knee caused the blood clot that killed his wife on May 10, since she never had issues with such clots in the past.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- He Used to Call Me Ma’am' - A Look Back at Kobe Bryant
- $1.5 Million Bail for Cop Charged in Laquan McDonald Murder
- Keyshia Cole Casually Mentions She’s ‘Engaged’, and Not to Birdman
- Donald Trump Cancels Meeting with Black Pastors
- Eyrkah Badu to Iggy Azalea: ‘What You’re Doing Is Definitely Not Rap’ (Watch)
- Meet Ice-T and Coco’s New Baby Girl, Chanel Nicole (Pic)
- Jury Selection Begins in First Trial of Freddie Gray Case
- For Every 3 Pointer Made Steph Curry Donates a Life-Saving Bed-Net to a Child in Africa
- Chrissy Teigen’s Planned Parenthood Comments Spark Twitter Beef
- Kym Whitley: Inspiring Adoptive Parents While 'Building Memories' [EUR Exclusive]
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here