*Mia Amber Davis officially died from a blood clot in her lungs, according to a new ruling from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, which issued an updated death certificate nearly two months after an autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on the actress and plus size model.
Chief Assistant Coroner Ed Winter tells E! News that Davis suffered a “pulmonary thrombo-embolism,” a blockage that occurs in one of the main arteries in the lungs.
The pathologist also noted that while a routine knee procedure Davis underwent the day before was a significant condition contributing to her death, it wasn’t the “underlying cause.”
Davis’ husband, Michael Yard, could not be reached for comment. But he has previously disputed that finding, telling TMZ he believes the operation she had on her left knee caused the blood clot that killed his wife on May 10, since she never had issues with such clots in the past.
- Economy Adds 223K Jobs; Black Unemployment Down Slightly
- Don Lemon to Donald Trump: 'Did You Have to Say They Were Rapists?' (Watch)
- Mother Who Killed Her Kids Tells Court, 'I'd Do it Again!' (Disturbing Video)
- Queen Latifah, Jennifer Garner Lead TD Jakes’ ‘Miracles From Heaven’
- ‘Dukes of Hazzard’s’ John Schneider Rips TV Land for Pulling Show Over Rebel Flag (Watch)
- NYC Mayor: Officials 'Reviewing' Donald Trump's City Contracts
- Robin Thicke Distracted by Marriage Fail During ‘Blurred Lines’ Lawsuit
- Sherri Shepherd Settles Custody Battle with Lamar Sally
- EUR Exclusive: Boris and Nicole Discuss New Talk Show (WATCH)
- Black Confederate Flag Defender Believes Slavery was a ‘Choice’ (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here