*Mia Amber Davis officially died from a blood clot in her lungs, according to a new ruling from the Los Angeles County Coroner’s Office, which issued an updated death certificate nearly two months after an autopsy and toxicology tests were performed on the actress and plus size model.
Chief Assistant Coroner Ed Winter tells E! News that Davis suffered a “pulmonary thrombo-embolism,” a blockage that occurs in one of the main arteries in the lungs.
The pathologist also noted that while a routine knee procedure Davis underwent the day before was a significant condition contributing to her death, it wasn’t the “underlying cause.”
Davis’ husband, Michael Yard, could not be reached for comment. But he has previously disputed that finding, telling TMZ he believes the operation she had on her left knee caused the blood clot that killed his wife on May 10, since she never had issues with such clots in the past.
- Kimye Win Over $400K Settlement Against YouTube Co-Founder
- VH1 Orders Stevie J, Joseline Spin-Off; Season 2 of K. Michelle Confirmed
- Emayatzy Corinealdi Talks Role in New Amazon Series ‘Hand of God’
- Amended Lawsuit Mentions ‘White Girl’ Present When Bobbi Kristina Was Found Unconscious
- Tom Joyner: Hurricane Katrina, A Personal Memoir
- Trump Called Miley Cyrus to Say He ‘Loved’ Her Twerk-Filled VMA Performance
- Al Sharpton Trying to Put Positive Spin on MSNBC Timeslot Demotion
- Misty Copeland Dishes on Broadway Debut After Just Six Rehearsals (Video)
- TN Councilman Threatens to Kill ‘Black N****r’ in 911 Call; Swears He’s Not Racist (Listen)
- Tamar Braxton: ‘Ariana Grande Can Sing Her Face Off,’ But She Ain’t No Mariah
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here