*New Orleans – “On the Seventh Day” is the second film to be released under Bishop T.D. Jakes Woman Thou Art Loosed franchise. Straight off the release campaign of the very successful Box Office hit “Jumping the Broom” Bishop Jakes is back at it as Executive Producer and writer on this dramatic sequel.
Produced and distributed by independent powerhouse Codeblack Entertainment “On the Seventh Day” is the perfect epilogue of the 2004 original film “Woman Thou Art Loosed” starring Kimberly Elise.
Coincidentally, it has been seven years since the films’ original release connecting “On the Seventh Day” to its biblical message symbolizing the number seven and its special meanings throughout the climatic story line.
This independent film takes its audience on a seven day journey inside the souls and secrets of a husband and wife, Kari and David Ames as they search for redemption, truth and faith while on a race to find their missing daughter. The film uses the eerie, yet peaceful and beautiful scenery of Louisiana’s bayous and the cities unique culture to depict a story that everyone can relate to, a story of a couples transformation, strength and conviction.
The multi award winning cast includes Blair Underwood (LA Law, Law and Order SVU) as David Ames, Sharon Leal (Why Did I Get Married?, Why Did I Get Married Too?) as Kari Ames, Nicole Beharie (American Violet, Sins of the Mother) as Beth Hutchins and starring the legendary, Golden Globe and Emmy nominee Pam Grier (Jackie Brown, Happily Ever After: Fairy Tales for Ever Child) as Detective Barrick.
Neema Barnette, the Emmy winning director and first African American female to get a major studio-three picture deal directs the story by Cory Tynan and Bishop T.D. Jakes. Produced by Jeff Clanagan for Codeblack Entertainment, and Nina Henderson Moore, “On the Seventh Day” will be filming for four weeks on various locations around New Orleans, LA including the historic Xavier University. The film brings casting opportunities for local talent and hopes to add to the cities already brimming film portfolio, it is set to wrap on August 6, 2011.
ABOUT CODEBLACK ENTERTAINMENT (Film Distributor)
Launched in 2005 by entertainment industry veteran Jeff Clanagan, CODEBLACK Enterprises LLC is a global new media & entertainment content company focused on connecting with diverse African-American and urban audiences wherever they are. CODEBLACK proudly delivers its content across the globe through television, motion pictures and a wide range of digital media. For more, visit: www.codeblackentertainment.com.
Ashlei Morrison, Unit Publicist
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (02-09-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Ray J Issues Goes Legal on Ex-Business Partner Over Past Kim K Drama
- Beyoncé's Rep Responds to 'B.E.A.T.' Filmmakers 'Credit' Controversy
- What Should Society Do With An 11-Year-Old Murderer?
- Is This the REAL Reason Cam Walked Out of Press Conference? (WATCH)
- Misty Copeland's ‘Ballerina’s Tale’ Also Highlights the #BalletSoWhite Issue
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here