*DreamWorks’ “The Help” moved into first place at the box office for the first time on Monday after being edged out by 20th Century Fox’s “Rise of the Planet of the Apes” over the weekend.
According to Disney, which is distributing the movie, “Help” took in $3.89 million on Monday, beating out “Apes,” with $3.55 million.
The result is particularly impressive considering “Apes” is playing in 3,691 locations and “The Help” in only 2,534.
On a per-theater basis, therefore, the race is not even close. “The Help” averaged $1,536 per theater, while “Apes” averaged just $961. The two movies are set to have a showdown with “Conan the Barbarian” next weekend.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Coalition of Police Officers Support Beyoncé’ & Formation Music Video
- Must See! Barack and Michelle's Valentine's Day Greetings to Each Other (WATCH)
- Tina Campbell Calls Husband's Cheating Scandal 'Empowering'
- Regina King Talks ‘American Crime’ and Andre 3000
- Ciara Admits Struggle to Abstain From Sex With Russell Wilson
- Cam Newton Posts Pic of Baby Son Chosen
- Idris Elba Lands Romantic Drama; Samuel L. Jackson Pursues ‘Revival’ Role
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Beyonce Backlash, Cam Newton Criticized, Black Panther Party Documentary & More! | BHL's This Week
- The Deya Direct Podcast: What is a Man Whisperer?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here