*She grew up before our eyes as the original pint-sized Brittany Pitts on “The Game.” But on Saturday (Aug 20), Erica Gluck is a grown tweener in perhaps her biggest part to date – the title role of GMC’s original film “Trinity Goodheart.”
As previously reported, Eric Benet stars as Trinity’s single father Jeremy. Trinity approaches him with news that she dreamed of an angel who leaves her a pendant belonging to her long lost mother. She tells her father that she believes her mother is in danger and needs her help. What ensues is Trinity’s effort to reunite her disjointed family, and in the process, she teaches them the value of love, faith, and forgiveness.
“I can definitely relate to the movie and I know that my family and friends would enjoy it, because it’s not only family and faith friendly, but everyone can relate to it in a certain way,” Gluck told reporters at the recent Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills. “It’s a feel good movie, and anyone who watches it will walk away with gaining more understanding about life.”
The term “feel good” movie is not used by chance. Execs at GMC made a point to distance themselves from the original “Gospel Music Channel” moniker, touting the cable outlet as less of a channel devoted specifically to gospel music, and more of a destination for faith-friendly, family-friendly, feel-good fare – covering music as well as plays and films.
“I think with the GMC network, it’s not so much religion as it is uplifting and spiritual,” says Benet. “And I think with ‘Trinity Goodheart,’ they really tried to embody that. I don’t think this movie is trying to hit anybody over the head with any particular type of religious or gospel message as much as the movie is just nudging everyone in a positive, loving direction towards healing the relationships they have.”
In the bonus audio below, Erica Gluck explains how she was cast as the lead on “Trinity Goodheart.” The film premieres Saturday, Aug. 20, at 9 p.m.
Well, my manager sent the script to me and my father. And a few weeks passed and then this started becoming a reality. First I heard that, oh, you might be doing this movie called “Trinity Goodheart.” And then, as I got more involved with it and I read the script and it was an amazing script. I mean, Rhonda, who’s the writer — Rhonda Baraka — she’s an amazing writer and it was so intense. And I went to my acting coach, worked out the scenes. We taped them and we sent them back, and I got the part.
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Neechy Gospel: New Music Video From Jonathan McReynolds LIMP
- Birdman Finally Speaks About Fallout with Lil Wayne (WATCH)
- Presidential Candidates Stymied by Black Lives Matter Movement
- Bounce TV to Launch New Original Series 'In The Cut' Tuesday August 25 at 9:00 p.m.
- John Legend Will Executive Produce and Score Slave Drama Series
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here