*Accomplished and engaging actors Boris Kodjoe and Nicole Ari Parker will host Take Wings Foundation’s (TWF) eighth annual Angel Awards Benefit on Saturday, August 13, 2011 at the San Francisco Marriott Marquis at 55 Fourth Street. GRAMMY®-nominated R&B vocalist Kelly Price will provide the evening’s entertainment where TWF will honor Warren J. Strudwick, M.D., M.B.A. and Fitzpatrick Dealership Group president Edward Fitzpatrick for their respective spirited community involvement and philanthropic contributions.
The House of Hennessy is proud to sponsor the Angel Awards Benefit for the fifth year and salutes the 2011 Honorees. The Angel Awards Benefit is an important and highly anticipated fundraiser supporting the work that Take Wings Foundation does in service of the Bay Area’s teens. Each year, TWF assembles the most dedicated and talented community members for an event that is not to be missed. Tickets are $150 each and may be purchased online at www.TakeWings.org. This year’s sponsors include Wells Fargo, Safeway Foundation, Golden State Warriors, Kaiser Permanente, Ross Stores, and KBLX 102.9-FM. The festivities will include a private reception with special tasting of handcrafted Hennessy Privilège cocktails.
Rarely seen without a smile on her face and twinkle in her eye, high-spirited television and movie actress Terri J. Vaughn has a soft spot for teens growing up in distressed areas like her own childhood neighborhood, San Francisco’s Hunter’s Point projects. Fourteen years ago Vaughn founded Take Wings Foundation, a non-profit organization that addresses social and life skills needs of at-risk teens.
Vaughn’s long-time friends and past co-cast members, husband and wife actors Nicole Ari Parker and Boris Kodjoe, will host the 2011 Angel Awards Benefit. Frequently acting co-stars, the inseparable, talented couple founded Sophie’s Voice Foundation, a non-profit organization named in honor of their daughter Sophie, who was diagnosed with spina bifida at birth. In January 2009, People Magazine featured Parker to introduce the Foundation.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Mental Health Therapist Teaches Victims to Forgive
- THE (05-04-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Eddie Murphy and Girlfriend Paige Butcher Welcome Baby Girl
- Khloé Kardashian Reportedly Boots Ex’s Daddy from his Home
- Michael Strahan Tells 'Extra' He's Not Listening to Rumors About Him
- Now That Beyonce is Done Eating from the White Man’s Hand, She’s Finally Ready to Be A Negro (How Convenient)
- Monica Forgives Shannon, Philly Pushers Approve of Steph Curry
- John McCain’s Son Rips Old Navy’s Racist Trolls With Wife Pics
- Jada Pinkett Smith Shares Personal Memories of Tupac’s Mom, Afeni Shakur
- Dwyane Wade Emotional After Learning He Was Prince’s Favorite Player
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here