*Def Jam is more than struggling lately.
The record label recently told 20 staffers along with executives Jonathan McHugh and Chris Hicks, to bounce. But the pair will continue to do consulting work for the label.
So on Tuesday, the label along with Universal Republic, announced they are expanding “their creative teams” with the addition of Brandon Creed, the guy who manages the career of Bruno Mars and songwriters The Smeezintons.
“As we continue to expand our creative investments, Brandon is a perfect fit,” stated Def Jam CEO Barry Weiss. “Besides being a great artists’ manager, he is also a talented A&R and creative executive. We plan to get him very involved across our labels at Island Def Jam Motown and Universal Republic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Gucci Mane Released from Prison Four Months Early
- Brittney Griner’s Ex Glory Johnson Moves On…With a Man
- Actor Michael Jace Won’t Testify in His Murder Trial
- Cyndi Lauper Salutes Prince With ‘When You Were Mine’ at NY Concert (Watch)
- NYPD’s Top Cop on T.I. Concert Shooting: Rappers are ‘Basically Thugs’
- Memphis Principal's Response to Criticism of School's Handling of Student Shooting Goes Viral
- Oprah Winfrey, Audra McDonald, Patina Miller to Present at Tonys
- Chad Coleman Supports ‘Wire’ Costar Wendell Pierce Amid Battery Allegation
- NFL Vet Hines Ward Joins CNN, HLN as Sports Contributor
- Who Wore it Best? Rihanna vs. Julia Roberts
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here