*Def Jam is more than struggling lately.
The record label recently told 20 staffers along with executives Jonathan McHugh and Chris Hicks, to bounce. But the pair will continue to do consulting work for the label.
So on Tuesday, the label along with Universal Republic, announced they are expanding “their creative teams” with the addition of Brandon Creed, the guy who manages the career of Bruno Mars and songwriters The Smeezintons.
“As we continue to expand our creative investments, Brandon is a perfect fit,” stated Def Jam CEO Barry Weiss. “Besides being a great artists’ manager, he is also a talented A&R and creative executive. We plan to get him very involved across our labels at Island Def Jam Motown and Universal Republic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ava DuVernay Being Courted to Direct Two Feature Films
- Taraji P. Henson Blames Coldplay/Maroon 5 Mixup on Her Friends (Watch)
- Gil Robertson: The 'African American Film Critics Association Awards' Interview with Kam Williams
- Flavor Flav Pleads No Contest in Vegas DUI Case
- ‘Black-ish’ To Address Police Brutality in Feb. 24 Episode
- J.Lo's 'Shades of Blue' Scores Second Season
- Lamar Sally: ‘Sherri Shepherd Has Made My Life A Living Hell’
- Super Bowl 50: As Seen From Beyonce’s Instagram
- 'Wendy's Style Squad' Coming to BET
- Bills RB LeSean McCoy Scraps With 3 Off-Duty Cops Over Bubbly
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here