*Def Jam is more than struggling lately.
The record label recently told 20 staffers along with executives Jonathan McHugh and Chris Hicks, to bounce. But the pair will continue to do consulting work for the label.
So on Tuesday, the label along with Universal Republic, announced they are expanding “their creative teams” with the addition of Brandon Creed, the guy who manages the career of Bruno Mars and songwriters The Smeezintons.
“As we continue to expand our creative investments, Brandon is a perfect fit,” stated Def Jam CEO Barry Weiss. “Besides being a great artists’ manager, he is also a talented A&R and creative executive. We plan to get him very involved across our labels at Island Def Jam Motown and Universal Republic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donovan McNabb Begins 18-Day Jail Sentence in Arizona
- If You Missed it, Here's the Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Trump Stands By Claim that ‘Most’ Black Pastors Endorse Him
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here