*Def Jam is more than struggling lately.
The record label recently told 20 staffers along with executives Jonathan McHugh and Chris Hicks, to bounce. But the pair will continue to do consulting work for the label.
So on Tuesday, the label along with Universal Republic, announced they are expanding “their creative teams” with the addition of Brandon Creed, the guy who manages the career of Bruno Mars and songwriters The Smeezintons.
“As we continue to expand our creative investments, Brandon is a perfect fit,” stated Def Jam CEO Barry Weiss. “Besides being a great artists’ manager, he is also a talented A&R and creative executive. We plan to get him very involved across our labels at Island Def Jam Motown and Universal Republic.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- How Prince Ended Up on Mobb Deep's Track ‘Thou Shall Not Kill’
- OWN Sets Two-Night Premiere for Ava DuVernay Series ‘Queen Sugar’ (Watch Sneak Peek)
- Watch Rihanna's New 'Sledgehammer' Video inspired by 'Star Trek Beyond!'
- Stacey Dash Calls Jesse Williams a ‘Hollywood Plantation Slave’
- No, Pres. Obama Is NOT Giving $1000 to Everyone on Food Stamps
- UConn Revokes Bill Cosby’s Honorary Degree for Conduct 'Incongruent' With Their Values
- Questlove Joins New York Public Radio’s Board of Trustees
- Kevin Hart Scouting Talent for His ‘Laugh Out Loud’ On-Demand Channel
- Moniece Slaughter to Tank: 'You're Disgusting' for Shameful 'Stalker' Story [EUR Exclusive]
- 'We Are Charleston' Commemorates 1st-year Anniversary of 'The Emanuel Nine'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here