*Dwayne Johnson, the wrestler-turned-actor formerly known by his ring name “The Rock,” is attached as an executive producer on a fictional drama project from Jerry Bruckheimer set in the world of 1980s wrestling.
The one-hour project, which has a put pilot commitment at the network, hails from Jerry Bruckheimer Television in association with Warner Bros. Television.
It features Brent Fletcher (Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena) and Seamus Kevin Fahey (The Forgotten, Spartacus: Gods of the Arena) as co-executive producers and writers, with KristieAnne Reed (Chase, Dark Blue) on board as a co-EP.
Bruckheimer TV’s Jonathan Littman will join Bruckheimer and Johnson as an executive producer.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Apollo Nida Breaking Jailhouse Rules Because ... He's Famous
- Homeless Woman and Millionaire Brought Together by a (Wait for it) Dog
- Wiz Khalifa Sued for $2 Million by Former Label
- TV Host Tomi Lahren Rips Jesse Williams, BET for ‘Race Baiting’ & 'Perpetuating War on Cops' (Watch)
- CNN’s Marc Lamont Hill to Host Late-Night Talk Show for VH1
- Essence Festival to Honor Prince With NOLA-Themed Tribute Closing Night
- Regina King, Idris Elba, Ice Cube among Flood of Black Talent Invited Into Academy (See List)
- Woman's Impromptu National Anthem Stops DC Tourists in their Tracks (Watch)
- Jessica Williams to Exit ‘The Daily Show’ for Own Comedy Central Pilot
- Why EJ Johnson Decided Against Transitioning: ‘I Thought About it For Sure’ (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here