*Actress Felicia “Snoop” Pearson, who played a drug dealer and assassin on HBO’s “The Wire,” pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring to distribute heroin, the Associated Press reported.
Pearson, 31, entered the plea a day before her trial was set to begin. Judge Lawrence Fletcher-Hill accepted the plea, suspending a seven-year sentence with credit for time served and ordering three years of supervised probation with provisions for out-of-state travel for work.
Her attorney, Benjamin C. Sutley, said outside the courthouse that the plea lets Pearson move on with her acting career rather than spending more than a year fighting the charges.
“I can’t say she would have been found not guilty,” said Sutley, who was interrupted by Pearson: “I would have been found not guilty.”
Pearson was one of more than 60 people arrested in March in a pre-dawn drug raid in Baltimore that was part of a large-scale, five-month drug investigation that was conducted by local, state and federal law enforcement.
The federal indictment said that members of the conspiracy had bought heroin from New York and marijuana from California and sold the drugs on the streets of Baltimore since 2008.
- Racist Yells N-word At Black Mom; Lectures Her on Constitution (WATCH)
- Kelly Price Thinks Cops Need to Throw the book at Nick Gordon (WATCH)
- Michael Gordon Bennett Calls Himself America's Whitest Black Kid
- FAMU Awarded $675,000, Multi-Year NCAA Academic Grant
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here