*Actress Felicia “Snoop” Pearson, who played a drug dealer and assassin on HBO’s “The Wire,” pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring to distribute heroin, the Associated Press reported.
Pearson, 31, entered the plea a day before her trial was set to begin. Judge Lawrence Fletcher-Hill accepted the plea, suspending a seven-year sentence with credit for time served and ordering three years of supervised probation with provisions for out-of-state travel for work.
Her attorney, Benjamin C. Sutley, said outside the courthouse that the plea lets Pearson move on with her acting career rather than spending more than a year fighting the charges.
“I can’t say she would have been found not guilty,” said Sutley, who was interrupted by Pearson: “I would have been found not guilty.”
Pearson was one of more than 60 people arrested in March in a pre-dawn drug raid in Baltimore that was part of a large-scale, five-month drug investigation that was conducted by local, state and federal law enforcement.
The federal indictment said that members of the conspiracy had bought heroin from New York and marijuana from California and sold the drugs on the streets of Baltimore since 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: It’s Still a Woman Thing with Hillary
- Blake Griffin Suspended 4 Games For Punching Clippers Trainer
- Hymn to Him: The Power of Congregational Singing!
- Patti LaBelle Joins ‘The Voice’ As Advisor to Christina Aguilera
- Khloe Kardashian Joins OkCupid After Split From James Harden
- LeSean McCoy: Video of Club Brawl With Off Duty Cops (Watch)
- DMX Hospitalized After Discovered Unconscious at Hotel
- Red Lobster Sales and Social Media Soar Since Beyonce’s ‘Formation’
- EUR Celebrates Black History Month - From AFRICAN SKETCHBOOK to OUR ROOTS
- What?! All Traces of Rapist-Cop Daniel Holtzclaw Gone from Database
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here