*Actress Felicia “Snoop” Pearson, who played a drug dealer and assassin on HBO’s “The Wire,” pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring to distribute heroin, the Associated Press reported.
Pearson, 31, entered the plea a day before her trial was set to begin. Judge Lawrence Fletcher-Hill accepted the plea, suspending a seven-year sentence with credit for time served and ordering three years of supervised probation with provisions for out-of-state travel for work.
Her attorney, Benjamin C. Sutley, said outside the courthouse that the plea lets Pearson move on with her acting career rather than spending more than a year fighting the charges.
“I can’t say she would have been found not guilty,” said Sutley, who was interrupted by Pearson: “I would have been found not guilty.”
Pearson was one of more than 60 people arrested in March in a pre-dawn drug raid in Baltimore that was part of a large-scale, five-month drug investigation that was conducted by local, state and federal law enforcement.
The federal indictment said that members of the conspiracy had bought heroin from New York and marijuana from California and sold the drugs on the streets of Baltimore since 2008.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tyler Perry Talks Following His Own Path to Saving OWN
- John Singleton and Gary Owen Score BET Series Deals
- Opinion: Presidential Correspondence Dinner not a Place for the word 'Nigga'
- Wendell James Grand Marshall for Long Beach Pride Parade
- Prince Update: Family Gifted Big Bucks by George Lopez
- Latice Crawford Releases ‘Diary of a Church Girl’ May 20
- Wilmore's 'My Nigga' to Obama Gets Black Twitter Approval, But not Najee Ali
- Aisha Tyler: African-American Teens Must 'Be Brave' About College
- Poet Pens Stunning Piece About Appropriating Black Slang (WATCH)
- Oprah's Not Worried About Flack From Church Folk
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here