*Actress Felicia “Snoop” Pearson, who played a drug dealer and assassin on HBO’s “The Wire,” pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring to distribute heroin, the Associated Press reported.
Pearson, 31, entered the plea a day before her trial was set to begin. Judge Lawrence Fletcher-Hill accepted the plea, suspending a seven-year sentence with credit for time served and ordering three years of supervised probation with provisions for out-of-state travel for work.
Her attorney, Benjamin C. Sutley, said outside the courthouse that the plea lets Pearson move on with her acting career rather than spending more than a year fighting the charges.
“I can’t say she would have been found not guilty,” said Sutley, who was interrupted by Pearson: “I would have been found not guilty.”
Pearson was one of more than 60 people arrested in March in a pre-dawn drug raid in Baltimore that was part of a large-scale, five-month drug investigation that was conducted by local, state and federal law enforcement.
The federal indictment said that members of the conspiracy had bought heroin from New York and marijuana from California and sold the drugs on the streets of Baltimore since 2008.
- Rihanna Puts Support Behind Kanye West’s VMA Presidential Bid
- UCLA Footballer Ishmael Adams Robs Uber Driver; Suspended Indefinitely
- Greg King’s 'Postcards Central American Soul Food' is Top L.A. Food Truck
- Rachel Dolezal is Pregnant
- THE (09-02-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- 'Meet the Celebrities on Your Own Terms' in Upcoming Workshop for Aspiring Writers (Photos!)
- Nicki Minaj Wax Figure Getting Makeover After Fans Pressure Museum
- 'Selfish' Kardashians Being Sued Over Disruptive Fireworks Show
- Who T-Pain, Vic Mensa & A$AP Rocky Wanna Collab With (WATCH)
- Lorraine Toussaint Talks Playing Morris Chestnut’s Mama on ‘Rosewood’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here