*Actress Felicia “Snoop” Pearson, who played a drug dealer and assassin on HBO’s “The Wire,” pleaded guilty Monday to conspiring to distribute heroin, the Associated Press reported.
Pearson, 31, entered the plea a day before her trial was set to begin. Judge Lawrence Fletcher-Hill accepted the plea, suspending a seven-year sentence with credit for time served and ordering three years of supervised probation with provisions for out-of-state travel for work.
Her attorney, Benjamin C. Sutley, said outside the courthouse that the plea lets Pearson move on with her acting career rather than spending more than a year fighting the charges.
“I can’t say she would have been found not guilty,” said Sutley, who was interrupted by Pearson: “I would have been found not guilty.”
Pearson was one of more than 60 people arrested in March in a pre-dawn drug raid in Baltimore that was part of a large-scale, five-month drug investigation that was conducted by local, state and federal law enforcement.
The federal indictment said that members of the conspiracy had bought heroin from New York and marijuana from California and sold the drugs on the streets of Baltimore since 2008.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson: Why Are So Many Schools Still Named Robert E. Lee?
- The Socialist's Journal: Quick Hits Part 2
- THE (06-30-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- New Book! 'Diana Ross Reflections'
- EUR on the Scene: BET Experience Fan Fest 2015 (PHOTOS!)
- NeNe Leakes Announces She's Leaving 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
- Child Dies on Father's Day After Dad Leaves Her in Hot Car to Go Drinking
- Jada Pinkett Smith 'Magic Mike XXL' & Objectification (Watch)
- Byron Jackson Brings 'DeSean Jackson: Home Team' to BET (WATCH)
- Diddy May Catch Break in UCLA Case, but Could Lose Liquor License
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here