*Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said it would be “great” to impeach the president, but the action would never get through the Democratic controlled Senate.
On a conference call with bloggers Tuesday night, the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO called the health care law and the Obama administration’s stance over the Defense of Marriage Act impeachable offenses, reports Politico.
“There are a number of things where a case could be made in order to impeach him, but because Republicans do not control the United States Senate, they would never allow it to get off the ground,” Cain said on the call. “The president is supposed to uphold the laws of this nation … and to tell the Department of Justice not to uphold the Defense of Marriage Act is a breach of his oath.”
Meanwhile, at CNN, the very same issue of gay rights caused former Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell to walk out of her interview with Piers Morgan.
Asked on “Piers Morgan Tonight” about her views on sexual abstinence and gay marriage, she answered: “I’m not talking about policies. I’m not running for office.”
When Morgan asked why she was being “weird” about answering questions on her own statements, as well as issues she addresses in her new book, “Troublemaker,” O’Donnell fired back, saying she only wanted to talk about the tea party principles outlined in her book.
“That’s why I agreed to come on your show. That’s what I want to talk about,” O’Donnell said. “…I’m not being weird. You’re being a little rude.”
“Don’t you think as a host, if I say this is what I want to talk about, that’s what we should address?” she asked Morgan.
When Morgan said “no,” O’Donnell began to take off her microphone and said she had turned down another interview for this appearance.
“I was supposed to be speaking at the Republican Women’s Club at 6, and I chose to be a little late for that,” she said. “Not to endure a rude talk show host, but to talk to you about my book and the issues I address in my book.” (Watch below.)
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Martin Shkreli Offers $10M for Kanye's New 'The Life of Pablo' Album
- The Film Strip: Katie Holmes Tackles Mental Illness in 'Touched by Fire’
- Trump Sticker Causes Heated Interaction Between St. John’s University Students
- Raven-Symoné Reacts to Getting Shoved Out of the Way For Kendall Jenner
- DC Black Entrepreneur Debuts Internship Matchmaker Service
- THE (02-12-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Public Invited to Watch Kendrick Lamar Receive Key to the City of Compton
- Why Are (White) People Suddenly Afraid of Beyonce's Black Pride?
- Jada Pinkett-Smith Addresses Idris Elba's 'Beasts' Oscar Snub
- Aaron Neville Brings His Quintet to Santa Monica ... and Shares His 'True Story' With EURweb
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here