*Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain said it would be “great” to impeach the president, but the action would never get through the Democratic controlled Senate.
On a conference call with bloggers Tuesday night, the former Godfather’s Pizza CEO called the health care law and the Obama administration’s stance over the Defense of Marriage Act impeachable offenses, reports Politico.
“There are a number of things where a case could be made in order to impeach him, but because Republicans do not control the United States Senate, they would never allow it to get off the ground,” Cain said on the call. “The president is supposed to uphold the laws of this nation … and to tell the Department of Justice not to uphold the Defense of Marriage Act is a breach of his oath.”
Meanwhile, at CNN, the very same issue of gay rights caused former Delaware GOP Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell to walk out of her interview with Piers Morgan.
Asked on “Piers Morgan Tonight” about her views on sexual abstinence and gay marriage, she answered: “I’m not talking about policies. I’m not running for office.”
When Morgan asked why she was being “weird” about answering questions on her own statements, as well as issues she addresses in her new book, “Troublemaker,” O’Donnell fired back, saying she only wanted to talk about the tea party principles outlined in her book.
“That’s why I agreed to come on your show. That’s what I want to talk about,” O’Donnell said. “…I’m not being weird. You’re being a little rude.”
“Don’t you think as a host, if I say this is what I want to talk about, that’s what we should address?” she asked Morgan.
When Morgan said “no,” O’Donnell began to take off her microphone and said she had turned down another interview for this appearance.
“I was supposed to be speaking at the Republican Women’s Club at 6, and I chose to be a little late for that,” she said. “Not to endure a rude talk show host, but to talk to you about my book and the issues I address in my book.” (Watch below.)
- LISTEN to Newcomer Babs Savage's New Hit 'La La' - A Unique Twist on the Delfonic's Classic
- #AaliyahForMAC: Aaliyah Fans Start Petition for MAC Line
- Naomi Campbell Convicted of Assault By Italian Court
- Whites Burst into Black Girl's Birthday Party Holding Confed Flags (Watch)
- Ice & Coco Expecting Baby Girl, Talk is Key to a Successful Marriage (VIDEO)
- Thursday's First Republican Debate Line Up Released
- Joe Jackson Out of the Hospital After Stroke
- Woman Sues Lee Daniels for $300M Claiming She Inspired Cookie Role
- Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Funeral, Nick Gordon Mourns on Beach
- Jadeveon Clowney’s Dad Charged with Attempted Murder
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here