*EUR has been informed that because of Hurricane Irene, the funeral for singer/songwriter Nick Ashford, 70, who died at on Monday from throat cancer, has been rescheduled.
Nick’s going home services were originally scheduled for Saturday night at 7pm. However, with Hurricane Irene due to wreak havoc all along the East Coast and New York City, the services will now be held this Monday at 6:30pm at Abyssinian Baptist Church, 132 Odell Clark Place (W 138th St) in Harlem, NY.
The repast will follow at the Sugar Bar (254 W 72nd St, NYC) the venue owned by Nick and his wife, partner and now widow, Valerie Simpson.
- Bokeem Woodbine Looking Like Shaft in ‘Fargo’ Season 2
- Louisiana Cop Exposed in KKK Photo Still On Force; Refuses to Resign
- Man Found With O.J. Simpson’s Stolen Heisman Trophy Arrested
- Afroman Avoids Jail After Punching a Woman in the Face
- ‘The Voice’ Beef: Gwen Stefani Not Happy With Rihanna’s ‘Advisor’ Role?
- Wendy Williams ‘Disappointed’ in Nicki Minaj Checking Miley Cyrus (Watch)
- Deborah Cox Joins Off-Broadway Play about Transgender Identity
- Farrah Franklin (Destiny's Child) Officially Debuts with Sexy New Single: 'Magic and Makeup'
- Black Family Says They Received Racist Threats During Camping Trip
- Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Charleston Church Shooter
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here