*EUR has been informed that because of Hurricane Irene, the funeral for singer/songwriter Nick Ashford, 70, who died at on Monday from throat cancer, has been rescheduled.
Nick’s going home services were originally scheduled for Saturday night at 7pm. However, with Hurricane Irene due to wreak havoc all along the East Coast and New York City, the services will now be held this Monday at 6:30pm at Abyssinian Baptist Church, 132 Odell Clark Place (W 138th St) in Harlem, NY.
The repast will follow at the Sugar Bar (254 W 72nd St, NYC) the venue owned by Nick and his wife, partner and now widow, Valerie Simpson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Aretha Franklin to Perform for First Time Ever in Windsor, Ontario, Canada
- LAUSD Whistleblower Protection - Does it Exist?
- Meryl Streep's 'We’re all African' Crazy Talk About Diversity
- Cam Newton Posts Heartfelt Message to his Supporters
- Boot Campaign Honors Lieutenant Colonel Dr. Marie Walters
- Black History Month at ESPN: 'SportsCenter' at Hampton for Historic Lacrosse Match; ‘Rise Up’; ‘Spike Lee’s Lil Joints’; NBA's John Wall & Miyah
- ICYMI: POTUS on ‘Ellen’; Ruben & Fantasia on ‘American Idol’ (Watch)
- Review: American Masters: B.B. King: The Life Of Riley (Fri, Feb. 12, PBS)
- Hannibal Buress Joins Cast of 'Baywatch' Movie
- ‘Lethal Weapon’ TV Reboot Taps Damon Wayans for Danny Glover Role
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here