*EUR has been informed that because of Hurricane Irene, the funeral for singer/songwriter Nick Ashford, 70, who died at on Monday from throat cancer, has been rescheduled.
Nick’s going home services were originally scheduled for Saturday night at 7pm. However, with Hurricane Irene due to wreak havoc all along the East Coast and New York City, the services will now be held this Monday at 6:30pm at Abyssinian Baptist Church, 132 Odell Clark Place (W 138th St) in Harlem, NY.
The repast will follow at the Sugar Bar (254 W 72nd St, NYC) the venue owned by Nick and his wife, partner and now widow, Valerie Simpson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Zoe Saldana Inks Deal to Create Digital Shows for Millennial Mothers
- This Landlord Will Only Rent To Tenants With Pit Bulls
- Warren Sapp Pleads Guilty to Domestic Violence, Avoids Jail
- Man Sentenced to 20 Years in One Court, Then Leaves to Marry Girlfriend in Another
- Joseph Patterson Convicted in Death of Adrian Peterson's Son
- 'Family Feud': Sexually Provocative Q&As Have Viewers Alarmed (WATCH)
- Amber Rose's 'SlutWalk': Several Hundred Showed Up (VIDEO/PHOTOS)
- Jerrod Carmichael: New Onyx Phone Makes Filming Police Brutality Easy (WATCH)
- Universal Eyeing Michael B. Jordan and Jonah Hill for Def Jam Biopic
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here