*EUR has been informed that because of Hurricane Irene, the funeral for singer/songwriter Nick Ashford, 70, who died at on Monday from throat cancer, has been rescheduled.
Nick’s going home services were originally scheduled for Saturday night at 7pm. However, with Hurricane Irene due to wreak havoc all along the East Coast and New York City, the services will now be held this Monday at 6:30pm at Abyssinian Baptist Church, 132 Odell Clark Place (W 138th St) in Harlem, NY.
The repast will follow at the Sugar Bar (254 W 72nd St, NYC) the venue owned by Nick and his wife, partner and now widow, Valerie Simpson.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Oprah Winfrey Ready for ‘Greenleaf’ Backlash; Warns T.D. Jakes of Possible Comparisons
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Lawyers in Jerry Heller Case Want Judge to Watch Entire Film for Context
- If You're the Mother of a Teen Girl, You'll Want to Know About This
- Michael Jace Told Wife Before Shooting Her, ‘If You Like Running, Then Run To Heaven’, Son Testifies
- John Legend’s ‘Granny’ Meets Great Granddaughter Luna Simone (Pic)
- EUR Exclusive! Tyler Perry in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Clip #TMNT2 (WATCH)
- Prince Sax Player Joins FAMU Wind Symphony for Beautiful 'Purple Rain' Performance (Watch)
- Grad Party Cancels T.I. Gig after Shooting; Wants $55,000 Payment Back
- Google Announces $250,000 in Grants for Flint, MI Water Crisis
- THE (05-27-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here