*Although the States has not indulged in season 2 of Idris Elba’s “Luther,” BBC One controller Danny Cohen says the fan favorite will have a season 3.
UK watchers have just finished season 2, while it will start airing on BBC America later next month. Good news, the latest episodes won over 5 million viewers and the next is sure to bring on a few million more.
As of yet, there is little known about the 3rd season, but there is talk that it may air next year.
The actor is bent on possibly getting “Luther” to the big screen, saying the story is worthy of a bigger audience.
“The ultimate ‘Luther’ story will unfold on the big screen,” he said in an interview a couple of months ago.
Also, Idris’ next project with “Pacific Rim” is scheduled to begin in October.
- Brown Family Banned from Bobbi Kristina’s Hospice (Report)
- Bobby Brown Vows 'Justice' Over Bobbi Kristina’s Leaked Hospice Pic (Watch)
- Serena Beats Sister Venus, Advances to Wimbledon Quarterfinals
- Misty Copeland to Make Broadway Debut in ‘On the Town’
- WATCH: Bruno Mars and the Obamas Jam to 'Uptown Funk' on July 4th at the White House
- Amari Brown, 7, Shot and Killed While Watching 4th of July Fireworks!
- DeVon Franklin Answers Critics of Wife Megan Good’s Sexy Clothes
- 'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Honored by Black AIDS Institute (WATCH)
- Donny Osmond on Singing with Janet Jackson and Stevie Wonder
- Malia Obama Joins HBO's ‘Girls’ with Summer Internship
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here