*ESPN analyst and former NBA star Jalen Rose has been released from a suburban Detroit jail after serving time for drunken driving.
The Oakland County sheriff’s department tells The AP that Rose was released early Thursday from the jail in Pontiac after 16 days behind bars. He reported to jail Aug. 2 to begin a 20-day sentence from a judge who’s known for tough punishments, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Rose crashed his sports utility vehicle in March after drinking six large martinis. The 38-year-old pleaded guilty in May.
After his release just after midnight, Rose tweeted: “Back on the block & the grind continues…Live. Love. Learn. & Leave a Legacy–THANKS to EVERYONE for the prayers & well wishes.”
After playing basketball at Michigan, Rose had a 13-year career in the NBA, including six seasons with the Indiana Pacers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Drake Getting Sued By Producer Detail Over Broken Jaw Assault
- Watch: Hundreds Gather to Support Wealthy Black Family Victimized by 'Hate Crime'
- 'Concrete Park' Collides with 'Blokhedz' at Harvard University
- Yodovo.com Encourages Blacks: Be Loud, Black and Proud
- Josh Childress Opens Up about Why Millionaire Ballers Go Broke
- Janelle Monáe to Wardrobe Critic: ‘I’m Not For Male Consumption’
- S. Epatha Merkerson: ‘I Won’t Even Read a Script with a Snake in it’
- 'Ice Age' Interview: 'Hit This...We're Done Anyways' - Wanda Sykes (WATCH)
- After UK’s ‘Brexit’ Vote, Texas Secessionists Call for ‘Texit’
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here