*ESPN analyst and former NBA star Jalen Rose has been released from a suburban Detroit jail after serving time for drunken driving.
The Oakland County sheriff’s department tells The AP that Rose was released early Thursday from the jail in Pontiac after 16 days behind bars. He reported to jail Aug. 2 to begin a 20-day sentence from a judge who’s known for tough punishments, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Rose crashed his sports utility vehicle in March after drinking six large martinis. The 38-year-old pleaded guilty in May.
After his release just after midnight, Rose tweeted: “Back on the block & the grind continues…Live. Love. Learn. & Leave a Legacy–THANKS to EVERYONE for the prayers & well wishes.”
After playing basketball at Michigan, Rose had a 13-year career in the NBA, including six seasons with the Indiana Pacers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Keke Wyatt's Emotional Cover of Prince’s ‘Diamonds and Pearls’ (Watch)
- Al Sharpton Rips Larry Wilmore’s ‘My N**ga’ Salute to Obama (Watch)
- Justin Lin in Talks to Direct Lebron James in 'Space Jam 2'
- New Daytime Talk Show ‘The Preachers’ to Get Summer Test Run (Video)
- Oprah Winfrey to Star in HBO Films' ‘Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks’
- Kerry Washington Pregnant With Second Child
- Steve Harvey’s Twin Daughters to Co-Host ‘Twin Hour’ Episode (Clip)
- Jay Z, Blue Ivy Do the Kid-N-Play Dance at Beyonce’s Formation Tour (Watch)
- Helen Mirren Rocks Purple Dress and Prince Tattoo at WHCD (Pics)
- Man Who Claims He Owns Entire Prince Catalog Challenged by Estate
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here