*ESPN analyst and former NBA star Jalen Rose has been released from a suburban Detroit jail after serving time for drunken driving.
The Oakland County sheriff’s department tells The AP that Rose was released early Thursday from the jail in Pontiac after 16 days behind bars. He reported to jail Aug. 2 to begin a 20-day sentence from a judge who’s known for tough punishments, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Rose crashed his sports utility vehicle in March after drinking six large martinis. The 38-year-old pleaded guilty in May.
After his release just after midnight, Rose tweeted: “Back on the block & the grind continues…Live. Love. Learn. & Leave a Legacy–THANKS to EVERYONE for the prayers & well wishes.”
After playing basketball at Michigan, Rose had a 13-year career in the NBA, including six seasons with the Indiana Pacers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Toni Braxton to Star in Lifetime Biopic 'Un-Break My Heart'
- NeYo Shares Proposal Video, Slams Ex's Sterilization Claims [WATCH]
- Staples Singers Limited Edition 4-CD Box Set to be Released Nov. 13 from Stax/Concord Music Group
- Whoopi Goldberg Blasts Pro-Lifers: ‘Get Out of My Vagina!’
- Jennifer Hudson Dishes on Film Roles, Style and Weight Loss
- Sparkletainment Presents 'Loves Freedom' a One-woman Stage Performance (WATCH)
- 'Why You Always Lying' Creator Calls Viral Success 'Crazy'
- Deitrick Haddon Unveils Cover of 'MasterPiece'
- How to Successfully Balance Family, Parenting and Entertainment
- Terrence Howard Repays Rapper Petey Pablo with Role on 'Empire'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here