*ESPN analyst and former NBA star Jalen Rose has been released from a suburban Detroit jail after serving time for drunken driving.
The Oakland County sheriff’s department tells The AP that Rose was released early Thursday from the jail in Pontiac after 16 days behind bars. He reported to jail Aug. 2 to begin a 20-day sentence from a judge who’s known for tough punishments, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Rose crashed his sports utility vehicle in March after drinking six large martinis. The 38-year-old pleaded guilty in May.
After his release just after midnight, Rose tweeted: “Back on the block & the grind continues…Live. Love. Learn. & Leave a Legacy–THANKS to EVERYONE for the prayers & well wishes.”
After playing basketball at Michigan, Rose had a 13-year career in the NBA, including six seasons with the Indiana Pacers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- THE (05-24-16) EURweb Free-4-All Page
- Oscar Generale & Denny Mendez Shopping for Baby Clothes?
- Lynn Whitfield Dishes on Her Dramatic Face Off With Oprah! (WATCH)
- Yes, Wendy Williams Had Plenty to Say About the Tamar/'The Real' Situation (WATCH)
- Bombshell Report: Bill Cosby Admitted to Sex with Teens!
- Floyd Mayweather Hired Drake, Future For Daughter’s Sweet Sixteen
- Donald Trump Lists Oakland as 'Most Dangerous City in the World'
- Prince’s Heirs to Release ‘Hours and Hours’ of Vault Music
- Jada Pinkett Smith on ‘Gotham’ Return; Living in All-DC Comics Household
- T.I. Backs Chris Brown's Rip of Baby Mama Over Daughter’s IG Pic (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here