*ESPN analyst and former NBA star Jalen Rose has been released from a suburban Detroit jail after serving time for drunken driving.
The Oakland County sheriff’s department tells The AP that Rose was released early Thursday from the jail in Pontiac after 16 days behind bars. He reported to jail Aug. 2 to begin a 20-day sentence from a judge who’s known for tough punishments, according to the Chicago Tribune.
Rose crashed his sports utility vehicle in March after drinking six large martinis. The 38-year-old pleaded guilty in May.
After his release just after midnight, Rose tweeted: “Back on the block & the grind continues…Live. Love. Learn. & Leave a Legacy–THANKS to EVERYONE for the prayers & well wishes.”
After playing basketball at Michigan, Rose had a 13-year career in the NBA, including six seasons with the Indiana Pacers.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Dr. Dre Starring in Apple’s First Scripted Television Series
- Cosby Rape Claims Prompt Colorado Bill to Extend Statute of Limitations
- Tax Man After Lil Wayne for $868,000
- How #BlackLivesMatter Snuck Mario Woods Protest Into Super Bowl (Watch)
- K. Michelle: Ex Lance Stephenson’s Rant Against Her Was From Hacker
- Derek Fisher Vacations with Matt Barnes Ex Gloria Govan After Knicks Boot
- Kanye West Claims Taylor Swift Gave ‘B*tch’ Lyric Her Blessing
- Nick Cannon and Stevie J Deny Acrimony During ‘Wild ‘N Out’ Taping
- $188 Million Powerball Winner, Marie Holmes, Allegedly Being Sued by Local Pastor
- Camille Cosby Must Give Deposition in Bill Cosby's Sexual Assault Case ... with Limits
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here