*Laurence Fishburne has reportedly been cast in the Superman reboot “Man of Steel.”
Fresh from his stint on “CSI,” Fishburne will play Perry White, the long-standing editor-in-chief of Metropolis newspaper The Daily Planet, according to EW.com.
Perry White is Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s hard-charging, occasionally comic-relief-bestowing boss. Warner Bros., however, is not yet making the official announcement, with a rep telling MTV News the studio cannot comment on the reports.
Fishburne, the first African-American actor to portray White, follows in the footsteps of Jackie Cooper, who played the newsman in Christopher Reeve’s “Superman” films; Frank Langella, who stepped into White’s shoes for 2006’s “Superman Returns”; and Michael McKean, who took on a short Perry arc on TV in “Smallville.”
As previously reported, Fishburne is being replaced on CBS’ “CSI” this fall by Ted Danson. In the audio bonus below, network head Nina Tassler took some time out this morning to comment on Fishburne’s run.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Tamron Hall Reveals Her Fear Of Love
- Will Smith Admits That ‘Wild Wild West’ Was a Bad Career Move
- Las Vegas Prince Tribute Show A Hit Since Singer's Passing
- We Remember: Celebrity Photographer Bill Jones Dies at 83
- Texas Woman Wakes Up From Jaw Surgery with British Accent (WATCH)
- Kanye West Unveils Mind Blowing, Voyeuristic 'Famous' Video (WATCH)
- Look! New Poster for 'When the Bough Breaks' Starring Morris Chestnut & Regina Hall
- Octavia Spencer on Why NASA Movie About Black Women is Overdue
- Angela Bassett Launches ‘Darker Skin Tones’ Skincare Line
- Beyonce Drops ‘Sorry’ Video, Teen Gets into 'Formation' for Prom (Watch)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here