*Laurence Fishburne has reportedly been cast in the Superman reboot “Man of Steel.”
Fresh from his stint on “CSI,” Fishburne will play Perry White, the long-standing editor-in-chief of Metropolis newspaper The Daily Planet, according to EW.com.
Perry White is Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s hard-charging, occasionally comic-relief-bestowing boss. Warner Bros., however, is not yet making the official announcement, with a rep telling MTV News the studio cannot comment on the reports.
Fishburne, the first African-American actor to portray White, follows in the footsteps of Jackie Cooper, who played the newsman in Christopher Reeve’s “Superman” films; Frank Langella, who stepped into White’s shoes for 2006’s “Superman Returns”; and Michael McKean, who took on a short Perry arc on TV in “Smallville.”
As previously reported, Fishburne is being replaced on CBS’ “CSI” this fall by Ted Danson. In the audio bonus below, network head Nina Tassler took some time out this morning to comment on Fishburne’s run.
- Naomi Campbell Still Gets Jitters Before Strutting the Runway
- WATCH: Leola Brown Goes in on Pat Houston Outside Bobbi Kristina Funeral
- Danger Sign in Bail for Alleged Cincinnati Police Shooter Ray Tensing
- Terrence Howard’s Ex Sues 'Empire' Star for Assault and Defamation
- Cedric The Entertainer Celebrity Golf Classic Tees Off August 17
- Take a Special Look Inside the Making of 'Straight Outta Compton' (WATCH)
- Report: Leola Brown Thrown Out of Bobbi Kristina Funeral Services
- Lil Kim Claims Mr. Papers Was Physically Abusive
- Jill Scott Talks New Album 'Woman', Motherhood and Longevity
- Khloe Kardashian, Lamar Odom Officially End Their Marriage
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here