*Laurence Fishburne has reportedly been cast in the Superman reboot “Man of Steel.”
Fresh from his stint on “CSI,” Fishburne will play Perry White, the long-standing editor-in-chief of Metropolis newspaper The Daily Planet, according to EW.com.
Perry White is Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s hard-charging, occasionally comic-relief-bestowing boss. Warner Bros., however, is not yet making the official announcement, with a rep telling MTV News the studio cannot comment on the reports.
Fishburne, the first African-American actor to portray White, follows in the footsteps of Jackie Cooper, who played the newsman in Christopher Reeve’s “Superman” films; Frank Langella, who stepped into White’s shoes for 2006’s “Superman Returns”; and Michael McKean, who took on a short Perry arc on TV in “Smallville.”
As previously reported, Fishburne is being replaced on CBS’ “CSI” this fall by Ted Danson. In the audio bonus below, network head Nina Tassler took some time out this morning to comment on Fishburne’s run.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Judge Gives 20 Min Speech to Racist Cop Caught Beating Unarmed Black Man (Watch)
- Kalenna, Star of 'Love and Hip Hop' to Mingle With Fans
- The Case of Bobbi Kristina Brown 'Still Open and Under Investigation'
- Beyonce Drops 'Formation' A New Song & Video (Watch)
- TV One Boldly Launches New Brand Identity 'Represent'
- Bounce TV's Black History Month Tributes a Stirring Line-up
- Pantene Enlists NFL Players for Dad and Daughter Hair Campaign [WATCH]
- The Complete List of Winners from the 47th NAACP Image Awards
- Woman Crashes Own Funeral, Shocking Husband Who Paid to Have Her Killed
- Coastal Town Being 'Targeted' by Great White Sharks
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here