*Laurence Fishburne has reportedly been cast in the Superman reboot “Man of Steel.”
Fresh from his stint on “CSI,” Fishburne will play Perry White, the long-standing editor-in-chief of Metropolis newspaper The Daily Planet, according to EW.com.
Perry White is Clark Kent and Lois Lane’s hard-charging, occasionally comic-relief-bestowing boss. Warner Bros., however, is not yet making the official announcement, with a rep telling MTV News the studio cannot comment on the reports.
Fishburne, the first African-American actor to portray White, follows in the footsteps of Jackie Cooper, who played the newsman in Christopher Reeve’s “Superman” films; Frank Langella, who stepped into White’s shoes for 2006’s “Superman Returns”; and Michael McKean, who took on a short Perry arc on TV in “Smallville.”
As previously reported, Fishburne is being replaced on CBS’ “CSI” this fall by Ted Danson. In the audio bonus below, network head Nina Tassler took some time out this morning to comment on Fishburne’s run.
- Ohio Cop Pulls Man Over for 'Making Direct Eye Contact' (Watch)
- WATCH! Rapper Kevin Gates Viciously Kicks Woman in Chest/Facial Area
- History Making ‘Les Miserables’ Star Kyle Jean-Baptiste Dies at 21
- EUR on the Scene: Exclusive Look Inside the 2015 VMAs
- Jamaican Author Shares Her Story on Being Raped at Gunpoint; Empowers Women to Triumph Over Adversity
- Detroit's ZanYe Digs Deep for Ballroom with Reboot of Four Tops Classic
- Fox Gives ‘Empire’ Fans Early Prep for Season 2 with 22-Minute Featurette (WATCH)
- Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Marriage Inspires New Sitcom
- Tyler, the Creator Banned from UK Over 'Terrorist' Lyrics
- Shannon J. Miles Arrested As Suspect in Killing of Texas Deputy
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here