*Add another gig to Nick Cannon’s expansive employment portfolio.
The syndicated radio host, Nickelodeon programming exec and host of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” has booked a recurring role on the network’s upcoming sitcom “Up All Night,” which stars Christina Applegate and Will Arnett as a hard-partying couple not quite ready to settle down once they have an unplanned child. [Applegate says more in the bonus audio below.]
As previously reported, Applegate plays the producer of a TV talk show with an Oprah Winfrey-like host named Ava, played by Maya Rudolph. Cannon has been cast as her co-host Calvin.
In addition, Jennifer Hall (“Castle”) has been cast as Missy, Ava’s somewhat bumbling assistant.
“Up All Night” premieres Wednesday, Sept. 14 behind the season finale of “Talent,” before moving to its regular time period (Wednesdays at 8) the following week.
In the exclusive bonus audio below, Applegate – who at age 39 delivered a baby just two months before shooting the pilot – says she knows first-hand what her character is going through.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Rookie Cop Beats Handcuffed Woman & it's Caught on Camera! (WATCH)
- Prince Death Probe: Authorities Looking for 'Friendly' Docs who Prescribed Pills
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here