*Add another gig to Nick Cannon’s expansive employment portfolio.
The syndicated radio host, Nickelodeon programming exec and host of NBC’s “America’s Got Talent” has booked a recurring role on the network’s upcoming sitcom “Up All Night,” which stars Christina Applegate and Will Arnett as a hard-partying couple not quite ready to settle down once they have an unplanned child. [Applegate says more in the bonus audio below.]
As previously reported, Applegate plays the producer of a TV talk show with an Oprah Winfrey-like host named Ava, played by Maya Rudolph. Cannon has been cast as her co-host Calvin.
In addition, Jennifer Hall (“Castle”) has been cast as Missy, Ava’s somewhat bumbling assistant.
“Up All Night” premieres Wednesday, Sept. 14 behind the season finale of “Talent,” before moving to its regular time period (Wednesdays at 8) the following week.
In the exclusive bonus audio below, Applegate – who at age 39 delivered a baby just two months before shooting the pilot – says she knows first-hand what her character is going through.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Donald Sterling Spotted Cursing Out Girlfriend at LA Restaurant
- Tyler Perry Reveals ‘Future Home of Tyler Perry Studios’ (Pic)
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Offers A YEAR of 'Paid Leave' for New Moms and Dads
- Melanie Liburd Joins ‘Game of Thrones’ as The Red Priestess
- Rihanna Hosts Art Gallery Reveal of New Album Cover & Title (Pic)
- Michelle Obama Will Appear on Disney's 'Doc McStuffins'
- Fox News’ Rupert Murdoch Suggests Obama Isn’t a ‘Real Black President’; Apologizes Amid Backlash
- Michel’le Gets Personal with Thinkfactory for New BioPic Partnership
- RECAP: Empire (S2, Ep3) Fires of Heaven
- Matt Barnes and Derek Fisher Reportedly Brawl Over Gloria Govan
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here