*Samuel L. Jackson was horrified on a recent charity trip to Africa after discovering every adult in one village had died of AIDS.
The actor, who set up the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation to distribute funds to worthy causes, was visiting the staff at Artists for a New South Africa, which works to help fight HIV and AIDS in Africa.
He told London’s Evening Standard magazine, “We found a village where there were no adults. All the parents had died of AIDS. The fathers would go off and work in the mines, solicit prostitutes, come back, sleep with their wives and infect them. They all died.
“Thirteen-year-olds were taking care of the kids; they didn’t have food supplies. So we found food, and some older women who had already raised their own families to come and take care of them. It’s kind of cool to find stuff like that. Stuff you don’t have to tell the world you’re doing – you just go out there and do it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Snoop Dogg Blasts 'Roots' Reboot; Won't be Watching
- Police Say This Interracial 'Online Date' Ended in Woman's Death
- Zoo Director on Why Gorilla Was Killed and Not Tranquilized
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here