*Samuel L. Jackson was horrified on a recent charity trip to Africa after discovering every adult in one village had died of AIDS.
The actor, who set up the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation to distribute funds to worthy causes, was visiting the staff at Artists for a New South Africa, which works to help fight HIV and AIDS in Africa.
He told London’s Evening Standard magazine, “We found a village where there were no adults. All the parents had died of AIDS. The fathers would go off and work in the mines, solicit prostitutes, come back, sleep with their wives and infect them. They all died.
“Thirteen-year-olds were taking care of the kids; they didn’t have food supplies. So we found food, and some older women who had already raised their own families to come and take care of them. It’s kind of cool to find stuff like that. Stuff you don’t have to tell the world you’re doing – you just go out there and do it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ebony Celebrates Black Power with Williams, Belafonte and Zendaya
- Boxer Yusaf Mack is Attracted to Transgenders; Inspired by Caitlyn Jenner
- Editorial: Instead of 'Is it Because I'm Black?' - Why Not, 'Is it Because You're White?'
- Whoa! This is T-Pain ... Performing Minus Auto Tune? (Watch/Listen)
- Dick Wolf: King of Crossovers Takes Chicago, Talks TV Dominance [EUR Exclusive]
- Jill Scott: ''Soul Train' Brought Soul Into Everyone’s House'
- Presenting Ice-T and Coco's New Baby: Chanel Nicole
- Black Teen Vlogger Renounces Conservatism; Laquan McDonald Killing Convinced Him
- Girls Want to Join the Boys Scouts of America
- Lil Boosie Rants Frustration with 'Gay Sh*t' On TV
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here