*Samuel L. Jackson was horrified on a recent charity trip to Africa after discovering every adult in one village had died of AIDS.
The actor, who set up the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation to distribute funds to worthy causes, was visiting the staff at Artists for a New South Africa, which works to help fight HIV and AIDS in Africa.
He told London’s Evening Standard magazine, “We found a village where there were no adults. All the parents had died of AIDS. The fathers would go off and work in the mines, solicit prostitutes, come back, sleep with their wives and infect them. They all died.
“Thirteen-year-olds were taking care of the kids; they didn’t have food supplies. So we found food, and some older women who had already raised their own families to come and take care of them. It’s kind of cool to find stuff like that. Stuff you don’t have to tell the world you’re doing – you just go out there and do it.”
- Sophie Okonedo to Star in New BBC America Series ‘Undercover’
- Evan Ross, Ashlee Simpson Welcome Baby Girl
- Missy Elliott Reportedly Joins ‘The Voice’ Season 9 as a Mentor
- Dylann Roof Enters 33 ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas in Federal Court
- Unauthorized Beyoncé Bio to Reveal Inside Deets on 'SolangeGate'
- 'Peanuts' Celebrates its First African American Character, Franklin
- Kevin Hart Talks Homophobia & Race with Rolling Stone
- White House Petitioned to Extradite Dentist that Killed 'Cecil the Lion'
- Ciara Takes 'Presidential' Route on Janet Tribute, Mom and Men
- Sad: William ‘Refrigerator’ Perry Auctioning Off Super Bowl Ring
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here