*Samuel L. Jackson was horrified on a recent charity trip to Africa after discovering every adult in one village had died of AIDS.
The actor, who set up the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation to distribute funds to worthy causes, was visiting the staff at Artists for a New South Africa, which works to help fight HIV and AIDS in Africa.
He told London’s Evening Standard magazine, “We found a village where there were no adults. All the parents had died of AIDS. The fathers would go off and work in the mines, solicit prostitutes, come back, sleep with their wives and infect them. They all died.
“Thirteen-year-olds were taking care of the kids; they didn’t have food supplies. So we found food, and some older women who had already raised their own families to come and take care of them. It’s kind of cool to find stuff like that. Stuff you don’t have to tell the world you’re doing – you just go out there and do it.”
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Joy Reid to Take Over Melissa Harris Perry’s Former MSNBC Timeslots
- EUR on the Red Carpet with Key and Peele's New Funny Flick, 'Keanu' (Watch)
- Larry Wilmore on Hosting Final WHCD Under Obama: ‘I’m Very Nervous’
- Beyonce’s Protégé Duo Chloe x Halle Premiere EP ‘Sugar Symphony’ (Listen)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here