*Samuel L. Jackson was horrified on a recent charity trip to Africa after discovering every adult in one village had died of AIDS.
The actor, who set up the Samuel L. Jackson Foundation to distribute funds to worthy causes, was visiting the staff at Artists for a New South Africa, which works to help fight HIV and AIDS in Africa.
He told London’s Evening Standard magazine, “We found a village where there were no adults. All the parents had died of AIDS. The fathers would go off and work in the mines, solicit prostitutes, come back, sleep with their wives and infect them. They all died.
“Thirteen-year-olds were taking care of the kids; they didn’t have food supplies. So we found food, and some older women who had already raised their own families to come and take care of them. It’s kind of cool to find stuff like that. Stuff you don’t have to tell the world you’re doing – you just go out there and do it.”
- Once Homeless and Alone in NYC, Man Receives Yale Scholarship
- Rihanna’s BET Appearance Was Simply Marketing Trickery
- America: A Nation Under Sin or Love?
- Diddy's Fall, Racist Arsonists, Nene Leakes and More News! | BHL's This Week
- WATCH: Deleted Scene from 'Home' Starring Rihanna, Jim Parsons
- Motorist Sues Bobbi Kristina as Family Prepares for Her Funeral
- Goodbye Clippers, Hello Mavericks! DeAndre Bolts from LA to Dallas
- Oprah is Hiring - 2015 Jobs Available in L.A. and N.Y.
- Lee England, Jr: You've Never Heard Violin Like This! (Covers Bey, Adele and Yeah, Mozart Too!) Photos
- Kim Burrell Returns with 'Thank You Jesus'
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here