*Ron Artest will have to wait a little longer than expected to have his name officially changed to “Metta World Peace”
A Los Angeles court commissioner ordered the delay until at least Sept. 16 due to outstanding traffic warrants, Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez told the AP.
Artest wasn’t in court for today’s decision and his attorney, Jill Rubin, declined comment, reports USA Today. Artest had tweeted that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.
When he first announced the pending switch in June, the Lakers guard said the name “One Love” also was under consideration. Metta is close to that, as a term that means loving, friendliness and benevolence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- Activist Najee Ali Calling for Boycott of New 'Block Wars' App by The Game
- Disgraced Cop Daniel Hotlzclaw Denies Raping Poor Black Women
- First Listen: Half Mile Home's 'Thinking of Me'
- Big Boi Meme Comparing Mothers of Today & 70s Causes Black Twitter Outrage
- Eve Says She Had to 'Import' to Find Love
- Laverne Cox Responds to Her ‘Rocky Horror’ Reboot Critics
- Seniors Get In Formation for 'Lemonade,' Pittsburgh Police Resist
- Black Lives Matter Echoes the Evolution of Black Panther Party
- BLM Activist Charles Wade Charged With Pimping 17-Year-Old Girl
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' (EUR Film Review)
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here