*Ron Artest will have to wait a little longer than expected to have his name officially changed to “Metta World Peace”
A Los Angeles court commissioner ordered the delay until at least Sept. 16 due to outstanding traffic warrants, Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez told the AP.
Artest wasn’t in court for today’s decision and his attorney, Jill Rubin, declined comment, reports USA Today. Artest had tweeted that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.
When he first announced the pending switch in June, the Lakers guard said the name “One Love” also was under consideration. Metta is close to that, as a term that means loving, friendliness and benevolence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- R.Kelly Accused of Screwing Promoter Out of $500k
- W. Kamau Bell Screens 'United Shades of America' in Atlanta
- Flavor Flav Offered to Give O.J. Simpson Back His Bronze Statue
- The Pulse of Entertainment: Javier Colon performs May 4, 2016 at Rams Head on Stage
- Ludacris' Secret to Making it Rain and Having Good Skin (WATCH)
- LL Cool J Charms at ‘Hamilton' - Gabrielle Union Slams Hollywood
- Peter Thomas and Cynthia Bailey Catch New Legal Battle
- Designer of Prince’s Purple Rain, Lovesexy & Parade Album Covers Reminisces
- Prince’s Music Vault Reportedly ‘Drilled Open’ by Bank Overseeing Estate
- Four 911 Calls Made from Paisley Park Between 2013 and Prince’s Death
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here