*Ron Artest will have to wait a little longer than expected to have his name officially changed to “Metta World Peace”
A Los Angeles court commissioner ordered the delay until at least Sept. 16 due to outstanding traffic warrants, Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez told the AP.
Artest wasn’t in court for today’s decision and his attorney, Jill Rubin, declined comment, reports USA Today. Artest had tweeted that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.
When he first announced the pending switch in June, the Lakers guard said the name “One Love” also was under consideration. Metta is close to that, as a term that means loving, friendliness and benevolence.
- 'Silly' is How Ben Carson Sees the ‘Black Lives Matter’ Movement
- Chicago Man Wrongly Imprisoned for 17 Years, Shot Dead at Home (WATCH)
- Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Funeral Filled with Family, Music and Spirituality
- Teddy Pendergrass, Angie Stone Team For Posthumous ‘Love TKO’ Duet (LISTEN)
- Is the Media Still on that 'Make Black People Look Bad' Thing?
- THE (08-03-15) EURweb Free-4-All Page/Board
- Bobby Shmurda, Girlfriend Plead Not Guilty to New Weapons Charges
- After Five Seasons, ‘Key & Peele’ Ending Comedy Central Run
- Neo-Soul Duo Presents Annual ‘Kindred the Family Reunion’ in Philly
- Amber Rose Reacts to Trolls Who Criticize 'Slut Walk' Initiative
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here