*Ron Artest will have to wait a little longer than expected to have his name officially changed to “Metta World Peace”
A Los Angeles court commissioner ordered the delay until at least Sept. 16 due to outstanding traffic warrants, Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez told the AP.
Artest wasn’t in court for today’s decision and his attorney, Jill Rubin, declined comment, reports USA Today. Artest had tweeted that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.
When he first announced the pending switch in June, the Lakers guard said the name “One Love” also was under consideration. Metta is close to that, as a term that means loving, friendliness and benevolence.
- Watch Beyonce Frolic in Rainbow Gear to Celebrate Marriage Equality
- Emmitt Smith Backs Out of Judging Miss USA Pageant
- Serena, Venus Advance at Wimbledon, One Step Closer to Facing Each Other
- SF 49er RB Reggie Bush Puts MI Home on Market for $2.4M (Pics)
- NeNe Leakes, Betty White, Anthony Anderson Lead ABC’s ‘To Tell the Truth’ Reboot
- Easily Distracted? 5 Ways to Focus Better at the Office
- Urban Movie Channel Launches 'Fall Out Fridays' Comedy Specials
- Janet Jackson Launches New Unbreakable Diamonds Collection
- Tyga, Dule Hill, Jacob Latimore Cast in Thriller ‘Sleight’
- Laurence Fishburne to Play Alex Haley in A&E’s ‘Roots’ Remake
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here