*Ron Artest will have to wait a little longer than expected to have his name officially changed to “Metta World Peace”
A Los Angeles court commissioner ordered the delay until at least Sept. 16 due to outstanding traffic warrants, Superior Court spokeswoman Elizabeth Martinez told the AP.
Artest wasn’t in court for today’s decision and his attorney, Jill Rubin, declined comment, reports USA Today. Artest had tweeted that he was planning a celebratory barbecue.
When he first announced the pending switch in June, the Lakers guard said the name “One Love” also was under consideration. Metta is close to that, as a term that means loving, friendliness and benevolence.
Want to read more articles like this one? Subscribe to EURnewsletter.
Got A News Tip or Video You Want to Share? Contact us HERE.
- 50 Cent Still Hasn’t Paid $7M Judgment to Rick Ross’ Baby Mother
- Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel Fires Police Supt. Garry McCarthy
- Taraji P. Henson, Janelle Monae, Laila Ali Join Alicia Keys Charity as Ambassadors
- Lark Voorhies Reveals Instagram Account was Hacked
- Rocker Malina Moye Talks to EURweb About Grammy Considerations
- Karyn White Snubbed! Left Out of Soul Train Awards Babyface Tribute (WATCH)
- Teen Killed By Black Man, Authorities Refuse to Press Charges (Watch)
- Chicago Cop (Jason Van Dyke) Who Killed Jaquan McDonald Free on Bond
- Jameis Winston: ‘Lions Do Not Accept Opinions of F*cking Sheep!’
- ‘Troubled Loner’ vs. ‘Thugs’: Why the Loaded Language in Crime Stories?
- Discover More Stories on EURweb: Click Here